Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE at Midland, TX
Supports the operation functions of the warehouse. Receives incoming freight and checks the material for damages or shortages. Distributes material to the proper stock locations. Fills special orders and/or backorders as material is received. Follows up with appropriate departments, carriers and/or vendors on receiving discrepancies, damages and shortages. Maintains assigned inventory stock locations making sure the material that is put away has the correct locator and the shelves are kept neat and orderly. Fills orders for delivery to customers. Informs proper departments of “stock outs”, inventory discrepancies and other inventory problems or concerns.
• Receives incoming freight and checks the material for damages or shortages.
• Distributes material to the proper stock locations.
• Fills special orders and/or backorders as material is received.
• Follows-up with appropriate departments, carriers and/or vendors on receiving discrepancies, damages and shortages.
• Checks and packs material to be delivered.
• Should have a full understanding of truck routes and may coordinate deliveries with our own trucks, assigned freight companies or other carriers based on special requests or the best way to ship material. • Maintains shipping equipment and keeps work area clean and safe.
• Maintains assigned inventory stock locations making sure the material that is put away has the correct locator and the shelves are kept neat and orderly.
• Fills orders for delivery to customers.
• Assures all batched managed material is labeled accurately and inventoried, as needed.
• Maintains delivery vehicle in clean, good working condition and monitors maintenance and mileage data, as appropriate.
• Maintains daily driver logs and vehicle inspection sheets, as appropriate.
• Operates and maintains all equipment in a safe manner and adheres to all local, state, and federal traffic and safety regulations.
• Supports the operations functions of the warehouse.
• Informs proper departments of “stock outs”, inventory discrepancies and other inventory problems or concerns.
• May assist the City Desk and Will Call areas in providing customer service functions including, but not limited to, order entry, filling orders, processing returns, expediting, technical assistance, Will Call, and other functions, as needed.
• May provide delivery of material to customer sites.
• Assists with loading and unloading of trucks.
• Notifies supervisor of any building or equipment maintenance, repair needs and/or any security concerns
• Assists with other duties/projects as assigned by supervisor/manager.
• Minimum of a two-year business/trade degree or equivalent work experience.
• Prior warehouse distribution experience including forklift operation and knowledge of electrical products/systems is also preferred.
• If the employee will be driving, the following criteria must be met – o candidate must be at least 21 years of age, o possess a valid driver’s license to operate company vehicle and a current medical certification may be required.
• PC working knowledge for Windows, Internet, email and SAP software is a plus
• Works in a safe manner and follows Border States safety program guidelines and policies.
• Excellent interpersonal communication (reading, writing and speaking in English) and customer service skills along with effective planning and organizing are also important.
• Excellent customer service skills include being competent, accurate, responsive and engaged.
• Performs all aspects of the job as accurately and efficient
• Requires the ability to lift over 75 lbs. on an occasional basis, and/or move up to 25 – 50 lbs. on a frequent basis, and/or move up to 0 – 20 lbs. on a constant basis.
• May require constant standing and/or walking and occasional sitting.
• These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.