Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Refrigeration Superintendent at Bridgewater VA
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Provides leadership and manages the work environment by means of Quality Improvement Process and employs the team management concept within the Maintenance department to meet production requirements and company goals. The Refrigeration Superintendent is responsible for managing the Refrigeration, Waste Water, Electronics, Facilities and Environmental functions within the facility. This person is also responsible for the operation and upkeep of the facility's vital utility systems to include: refrigeration systems, compressed air systems, boiler systems and stream systems. This position will also direct, supervise, and lead mechanics across all three shifts. Rotation across all three shifts will be expected.
Extensive ammonia refrigeration experience is required.
Relocation package available.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Manages and supervises associates including hiring, training and developing associates to ensure maintenance requirements and goals are met at least cost. Provides a safety work environment for all associates eliminating unsafe acts or conditions. Ensures the Quality Improvement Process and team management concept are employed within areas of responsibility. Controls costs and assets managed within established goals. Manages the installation of new equipment; maintains a chain efficiency of 98% while maintaining quality and ensuring associated and plant safety.
Associate degree in technical field or related studies/experience preferred.
- 3 - 5 years experience in an industrial environment; strong reading, math, written and analytical skills plus technical courses in electrical, hydraulics and ammonia refrigeration.
- Technical Experience with refrigeration systems and PSM required.
- Ability to demonstrate and share knowledge of refrigeration systems, Hazmat, mechanical systems, electrical, safety and preventative maintenance programs.
- Must be familiar with computers and be proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Requires travel to remote facilities and plants for meetings.
- Superior Relationship Management Skills - Excels at developing, inspiring, and influencing others without sacrificing accountability.
- Aggressive Self-Starter - The ideal candidate must naturally aspire to surpass benchmarks, exceed goals, and understand that your team’s results are directly affected by your passion, commitment, resourcefulness, resilience and leadership.
- High Energy - Desire to Exceed All Targets. The ideal candidate is a natural leader, motivator, and change agent with extraordinary leadership and people skills,
- Technology - Must possess complete proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with Kronos preferred.
- Have excellent communication and change management skills.
- Ability to resolve issues in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Proficient in leading meetings utilizing detail visual aids to reflect department performance metrics.
- CIRO, CARO, Operator Level 1, Operator Level II
- CMRP, Six Sigma, Lean Certifications Preferred
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces. May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db. May be exposed to dust, feathers and all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility. Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company. Occasional exposure to carbon dioxide vapors 10ppm and chlorine less than 20 ppm. Able to stand for several hours. Work may include lifting (up to 50 lbs), reaching, bending, pushing boxes on conveyor assembly.