Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
REFRIGERATION ENGINEER at Kodiak AK
REFRIGERATION ENGINEER - AK
Repairs and maintains refrigeration units and mechanical equipment in Alaska Shore Plant Locations by performing the following duties:
- Observes and adjusts refrigeration system operation using gauges and instruments.
- Inspects, tests, repair/replace system components including valves and hoses for wear, damage, and leaks.
- Performs preventative and prescribed maintenance to maintain system components to OEM specifications.
- Performs mechanical overhauls and refrigerant reclaiming.
- Assist in the installation of new equipment and upgrades.
- Assists or performs startup and shut down of refrigeration systems for seasonal operations.
- Participates and assists in PSM/RMP compliance efforts.
- Keeps the record of repairs and replacements made and causes of malfunctions.
- Initiates purchase orders for parts.
- Assists in attaining energy management goals.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
Minimum 2 years’ experience using general refrigeration competencies, including but not limited to ammonia systems repair. Working knowledge of PSM/RMP. Familiar with IIAR standards and RAGEGEP.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current R.E.T.A. or IIAR refrigeration certification preferred, if not currently certified, must be able to do so within 1 year. HVAC and CFC certifications a plus but not required. Must be able to acquire a Hazmat Technician certification within one (1) year of employment.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret diagrams and schematics as well as technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively with teammates and management. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email, spreadsheet software, word processing software and presentation software.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to cold, wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use teamwork skills. The employee will occasionally use interpersonal and customer service skills.
***Relocation assistance may be provided after 90-day trial period***