Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Refrigeration Engineer at Dillingham, AK
- Operate and conduct routine service, maintenance, and repair of the plant's refrigeration systems. This will include all compressors, pumps, motors, evaporators, and condensers.
- Collaborate with other departments to provide a continuous flow of product through the plant. In particular, working closely with the plant's QA and Production Manager's to ensure optimal quality and efficiency is being achieved.
- Ensure all daily tasks are completed to effectively meet all requirements of the facilities Process Safety Management (PSM) program for refrigeration compliance. Monitoring and paying close attention to daily logs and record keeping will be vital.
- Operate, maintain, and repair the plant's refrigeration systems safely and in accordance to government regulations.
- Pre and post-season maintenance as required to ensure smooth start-ups.
- Assist in pre and post-season inventories and ordering of parts and supplies.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure, 12 or more hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Able to work fluctuating shifts structured around a 24 hour production schedule as needed.
- Ability to work efficiently in fast past environment with little direct supervision.
- Must be willing and able to live and work in confined quarters in a multi-cultural environment.
- An enthusiasm to assist in other tasks and grow with the facility.
- Must always be professional and represent OBI Seafoods with the highest standards.
- Must be able to work well with fellow employees and cooperate with other departments.
- Prompt and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- EPA Section 608 Universal Certification is optimal, but not required.
- Previous experience with large refrigeration systems similar to that mentioned above.
- Currently RETA and/or ASTI certified or willing to obtain certification. In addition, having or willing to obtain a 24-hour HAZWOPPER certification.
- Previous experience with industrial ammonia refrigeration systems required, or Freon systems.
- Experience and knowledge of a PSM regulated facility preferred.
- Must be willing to actively participate and follow all PSM compliance regulations/requirements.
- Mechanical aptitude, resourcefulness, and troubleshooting skills are a necessity.
- Heavy Duty Diesel / Power Generation experience preferred.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Pay rate depends on experience. This is an hourly position that is eligible for overtime pay. In Alaska, overtime is one and one-half times the regular hourly rate and is paid for hours worked over 8 hours in a day and after 40 hours are worked in a week.
- Room and Board Included.
- Excellent benefits available, including medical, dental, prescription, vision plans, and 401(k) retirement plan.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements such as dirt, dust, fumes, extreme temperatures, humidity, darkness, and/or noise.
- Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks, such as working around mechanical, chemical, and electrical hazards.
- Position requires the ability to stand, sit at a desk, walking around office and plant, lifting, and carrying packages up to 50 pounds, utilizing fine dexterity. Requires reaching, kneeling, crawling, and twisting to inspect equipment. Also requires the ability to see, hear, and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional etiquette.
- Personal protective equipment, as defined by OBI Seafoods, will be provided.
- Position will be exposed to different levels of stress and responsibilities.
- Will demonstrate, promote, and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality and Growth.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties, and training as assigned.