Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
QA Manager at Sioux Falls SD
The QA Manager is responsible for leading a team of technicians to implement and follow all food safety, quality assurance, labeling, and SQF policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the safety for all employees under their supervision by conducting safety orientation and training of employees, enforce safe work practices, correct unsafe conditions, prevent lingering unsafe or unhealthful workplace conditions or hazards
- Oversees internal activities related to food safety, product quality, microbiological performance crieteria, finished products, SQF and HACCP systems, government regulatory compliance (including FDA, USDA and CFIA), inspection criteria, and customer complaint investigation and response.
- Supervises and assists with programs to include environmental monitoring, recall administration, good manufacturing programs and sanitation standard operating procedures.
- Routes, investigates trends and closes all customer complaint issues.
- Oversees product and retail labeling program.
- Ensures all Orion Food Systems personnel are trained on food safety and quality related items.
- Works as a liaison for plant audits and USDA inspections.
- Provide technical support for plant.
- Ensures that all company standards and government regluations are met.
- Performs monthly audits of manufacturing and warehouse locations at facility, along with allergen and HACCP.
- Assists with development, implementation and administration of new and existing QA policies.
- SQF Practioner – manage SQF system and have an understanding of SQF Code and requiremetns to maintain system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Competencies :
- Education and/or Experience. Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four-year college or university along with four to six years related supervisory experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in the food Industry.
- Communication/Language Skills. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) is a must. Ability to read and comprehend documents, simple instructions and product labels.
- Technical Competencies. Experience & knowledge in MS Office products (Excel & Word) and SAP preferred.
- Certifications. Forklift and palate jack certification preferred.
- Mathematical Skills. Strong analytical skills with the ability to calculate figures and amounts along with performing basic math functions.
- Reasoning Abilities. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Strong analytical skills with ability to identify opportunities.
Behaviors/Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
All Orion Food Systems employees and stakeholders must have uncompromising integrity and ethical standards.
Accountability and Reliability. Our employees must work reliably under pressure to keep on task and meet deadlines.
Passionate, Energetic, and Enthusiastic. Our employees possess a high energy level, focusing on execution with measurable results. We exhibit a “can-do attitude” to maintain enthusiasm and provide encouragement by our demeanor.
Strong Work Ethic. Our employees are fully committed and willing to do whatever it takes to drive the team and company brand into the future. Work/life balance is encouraged at Orion Food Systems with the expectation that team members give 110% effort on the job. Orion is a fast-paced environment and it is critical that our employees are driven to succeed.
Customer Focused. Our employees keep the customer as their main focus while executing the daily responsibilities of their job.
Supportive. Our employees possess emotional intelligence and common sense to support team members and appreciate the value of our culture, company, and brand.
Physical. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch and use hands to grip regularly.
- Requires frequent exposure to extreme cold (below 0 F degrees) temperatures.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Maintain a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Personal Competencies: Extreme attention to detail and accuracy. Must be flexible to work days, nights or weekends if necessary. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision yet be flexible and have ability to work in a team environment.
Safety: Must adhere to all safety rules, policies and regulations in relationship to OSHA standards. Maintain and follow GMP, HACCP, SFQ, OSHA and Orion standards to include safe work practices.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Federal law obligates us to provide reasonable accommodation to the known disabilities of employees, unless to do so would pose an undue hardship. Please let us know as soon as possible if you need an accommodation to complete these listed essential functions.
Orion Foods is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.