Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Project Engineer at Clackamas, OR
Responsible for overseeing capital projects, predominantly in the processing areas of the business. Will play a vital role on the Research and Development team and will support R/D projects. Will strive for continuous improvement by providing analysis of processes and systems in order to find solutions to problems and/or to increase efficiencies and product utilization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
- Evaluate systems or processes, and recommend and implement practical changes to improve reliability and performance of current processing equipment.
- Develop, or assist in developing, processing improvement projects with engineering designs, budgets, construction/installation, training, and timelines. While also performing the project management as required; meeting and maintaining all budget, timeline, and quality/safety standards.
- Define, develop, and implement automation and control systems where appropriate, as a part of a larger project, or as an individual project itself.
- Collect and analyze data from all available resources to monitor and ensure adequacy/accuracy, and efficacy of system or processes improvements.
- Support EPA compliance of all corporate sites and operations; to include, as a minimum, Waste Water Treatment and related systems.
- Develop and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as needed.
- Perform mechanical or system maintenance and updates as needed.
- Provide training and support on equipment, systems, and best practices as needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the essential duties.
A. Education and Experience
- An engineering degree with 5 + years of hands on plant engineering/maintenance experience in the food processing industry.
- Demonstrated experience with the maintenance and troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical equipment and systems
- Able to proficiently use tools and instruments required to perform the scope of various installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting tasks.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of, and practical experience with, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of industrial refrigeration, along with practical experience of its operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of electricity, as well as practical experience with the maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical circuits, including low voltage and 3 phase power systems.
- Understanding of, and practical experience with best practices in process design for food processing.
- Understanding of, and practical experience with, modern electrical control and automation systems and current practices.
- Ability to understand and interpret precision technical plans, schematics, drawings, and models.
- Great teamwork and communication skills.
- Understanding of and ability to comply with and exemplify all Company and other pertinent Safety, Hazard, and Risk control programs and regulations.
- Prior seafood industry experience
- Extensive experience with project management and budget control
- Experience in the design and operation of BRC/ SQF Certified facilities
- Experience with common CAD programs in the use of design and layout
- Allen Bradley PLC knowledge and experience.
- Experience with the development and implementation of Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Experience with Industrial Boiler and Refrigeration systems
- Ability to perform job tasks on a working sea vessel.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to travel up to 50-75% of the time
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and schematics, read and interpret safety, operating, and maintenance procedures
- Ability to write clear and concise, routine reports, project and training documents, and correspondence, and to speak effectively before groups
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is:
- Constantly required to use close, distance, and peripheral vision with ability to judge depth perception and adjust focus.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear; lift and/or move up to 25 pounds of force; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms;
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of force
- Drive a forklift
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the team member is exposed to:
- Work in the outdoors in all seasons
- Work in both a warehouse and office setting
- Work around heavy equipment
- Wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold
- Moderate noise level
Functional Expertise: Possesses conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines.
Customer Focus: Build customer confidence by ensuring expectations and commitments are met. Establishes and maintains effective and positive relationship with external customers. Acts with customers in mind, and values the importance of providing high-quality customer service.
Getting results: Consistently meets desired outcomes; performs work with energy and drive; values planning, but will take quick, decisive actions when an opportunity presents itself.
Problem Solving: Ability to solve complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of the multiple sources of information.
Leadership: Ability to act as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements.