Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Plant Engineer at Livingston, CA
The primary responsibility of the Plant Engineer is to oversee the sweet potato packing line electrical and mechanical systems. Duties range from installation to troubleshooting. Technical skills are a must, but also good planning skills and solid written and oral communication. Additionally, this position requires focus on efficiencies, upgrades to new technology and equipment repair in an effort to mitigate obstacles and increase productivity.
- Can apply project management principles to lead and manage capital projects and process improvement initiatives related to electrical, control, and mechanical engineering.
- PLC Controls – Allen Bradley, Point IO, Omron, Schneider Electric
- HMI – Ignition, FactoryTalk
- Automation System Communication
- Automation Network – Stratix switches, VMs, VLAN routing, ethernet, devicenet
- Database – SQL Server, PI System
- Programming – Structured Text, Python, Ladder Logic
- Process Equipment – Scales, Checkweighers, Fillers, Optical Sorters
- Administer and resolve all technical maintenance issues
- Maintain an efficient and safe working environment for all employees
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations
- Design appropriate plant maintenance programs to reduce downtime
- Perform root cause analysis, able to analyze and problem solve.
- Perform regular safety control audits on packing line
- Design efficient short, and long-term training programs.
- Develop and coordinate scheduling for packing line operations
- Assist with installation and maintenance of operating equipment
- Collaborate with various departments to maintain mechanical integrity of all packing line programs
- Devise an adequate preventative maintenance program jointly with Shop Manager and maintenance staff
- Analyze equipment requirements
- Prepare maintenance schedules and ensure the schedules are followed and completed
- Maintain and review maintenance logs for packing line equipment and efficiencies
- Establish steady communication and work directly with outside vendors and contractors regarding packing line equipment, troubleshooting, and performance issues
- Provide management with routine updates pertaining to packing line installation, progress and improvements
Required Skills & Qualifications
- • Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- • Ability to comprehend, read, write, and communicate proficiently in English.
- • 2+ applicable certifications (Rockwell Automation, FANUC, NFPA, UL etc.).
- • Experience with Rockwell Automation products.
- • Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- • Food and Beverage background.