Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance Technician at Ravena NY
Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance Technician
To work as part of a team to ensure the uninterrupted operation of the plant and quarry in order to maximize operational efficiency in an environment of continuous training and improvement; to maintain, troubleshoot and repair plant and quarry mechanical, mobile, and electrical equipment in accordance with plant and mine operating, MSHA, and safety guidelines. The Mechanical & Electrical Maintenance Technician will report to the Maintenance Supervisor. This is an hourly position at $35.40/hr when at full rate.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Performs work in the areas of mechanical maintenance, mobile equipment repair, electrical maintenance, fabrication, assembly, welding, and cutting using sound maintenance practices designed to maintain high reliability.
- Dismantles, repairs, and reassembles complex mechanical, mobile, quarry, and electrical equipment.
- Serve as a member of the Continuous Improvement Group to resolve daily maintenance and electrical difficulties.
- As required, explores, understands, and applies new trade tools, techniques, and technologies so as to promote continuous improvement and maintain state-of-the-art skills and methods. Performs proactive/predictive maintenance.
- Follow all Lafarge and MSHA safety procedures and any company initiatives and be an active participant on the Joint Health and Safety Committee and in the development of new procedures such as but not limited to lock out tag out and Job Safety Analyses (JSA) / Job Plans.
- Troubleshoot potential concerns required to achieve and maintain maximum plant performance and productivity.
- Report maintenance problems to the appropriate supervisor, coordinator or engineer for action and/or participate in corrective actions if appropriate.
- Keep up-to-date on all maintenance and safety procedural changes and be instrumental in developing new procedures as required.
- Make preventive/proactive inspections and document findings as determined by the maintenance coordinator and continuous improvement groups.
- Primary support and leadership in major repairs to facilitate plant operation.
- Perform necessary tasks to ensure good housekeeping for a safe and efficient operation.
- Fill out and follow up on work orders and assist when necessary in: locating and issuing stores materials.
- Safely operate mobile equipment as required to complete assigned tasks.
- Identify, report and assist in resolution of safety and environmental concerns and work practices that may affect the Health & Safety of employees or other parties.
- Work with little or no supervision and in harmony with co-workers at any level or in any department.
- Write and/or contribute to daily reports and other reports about special projects or incidents as well as use computers for entering work orders, equipment history, etc.
- Assist with orientation and training of any newly hired or promoted personnel.
- Perform any and all other duties as may be assigned from time to time. Work any shifts, including weekends and paid holidays as schedules dictate. The above job description has been designed to provide general guidelines for the identification of tasks, duties, and qualifications for the titled position and/or its successors. The description is not all inclusive of the duties that are performed by the incumbent and the incumbent may be assigned to duties other than those listed in this document as the work environment and essential functions of the job change.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: A High School diploma or GED.
Required Experience: 5+ years as an Industrial Millwright/Mechanic and / or Industrial Electrician
Required Language: English
The selection of employees shall be in accordance with the selection criteria as established by the company. Following the initial selection process all jobs will be filled in accordance with Article III. Desire experience with trouble shooting and repairing. Basic understanding of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Driver’s License
The Physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee will frequently be required to walk on rocky, irregular surfaces that may be muddy and in reduced lighting conditions. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 90 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles, confined space, outside weather conditions, low lighting, artificial lighting, and explosives. The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, proximity to electrical equipment, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally loud.
We offer a very competitive compensation package which includes an incentive program and excellent benefits. If you are a highly motivated and team-oriented individual who wants to make a difference and is looking for a company that appreciates the value of your contributions, please complete the online application process.