Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Master Mechanic B at Orrtanna, PA
Diagnoses and repairs equipment utilizing equipment schematic diagrams, blueprints, parts specifications, wiring diagrams, user manuals, and job experience. Draws on specialized mechanic skills as required based on type of equipment malfunction. Maintains detailed knowledge of process equipment and mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, refrigeration and control systems in order to perform required repairs in assigned area or has a high level of expertise in the repair of forklifts, diesel, refrigeration, or electrical equipment and systems. Ensures safe shutdown and safety lockout/tagout prior to test and repair of equipment. Inspects quality of repairs. Assists in installation of new equipment and modification and overhaul of existing equipment. Directs and coordinates work of helpers and mechanics in lower classification. Trains mechanics on-the-job. Completes appropriate paperwork. Must be available to work all shifts, as required. Reports any concerns or signs of product tampering to the Supervisor immediately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
(Performs other assignments or duties as required.)
- Maintains detailed knowledge of process equipment and mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, refrigeration and control systems in order to perform required equipment repair as outlined in both department and preventive maintenance type work orders. Or has a high level of expertise in the repair of forklifts, diesel, refrigeration, or electrical equipment and systems. Must be available to work all shifts, as required.
- Responds to production line equipment problems as required. Diagnoses and repairs equipment malfunctions related to the production lines utilizing equipment schematic diagrams, blueprints, parts specifications, wiring diagrams, user manuals, and job experience. Draws on specialized mechanic skills as required based on type of equipment malfunction.
- Ensures safe shutdown and safety lockout/tagout of all equipment with tags and individual locks prior to test and repair of equipment. Conducts test checks following repair of equipment and returns equipment to operational state.
- Inspects equipment not in production for repair opportunities. Recommends and performs complete overhaul of equipment as required.
- Performs project work as part of a project team responsible for the design, installation, startup and checkout of new process equipment, design modifications to existing process equipment, or major equipment overhaul.
- Writes out required paperwork for ordering of parts as required to complete project and work order based activities.
- Completes paperwork as required.
- Trains mechanics on-the-job.
- Reports any Food Safety, Food Quality issues to supervisor immediately.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
- Inspects and repairs plant normal and emergency lighting equipment.
- Performs stainless steel welding and fabrication; including the use of plasma cutters and carbon arc welding.
- Operates forklift and scissor-lift.
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND SAFETY GEAR
- Employee provides hand tools used in regular daily operations.
- Operates scissor-lift.
- Uses multimeters, amp probes, and other calibration tools.
- Uses small hand tools, such as; cutters, crimpers, wire strippers.
- Uses drills, grinders, and construction hand tools.
- Wears all personal protection equipment as required.
- Uses SCBA and respirator, as required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Requirements listed represent the knowledge, skills, and/or ability, physical demands and work environment required to perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Degree, GED, or equivalent job experience. Position requires mechanical aptitude and prior mechanical work experience such as that of a Mechanic 1. Must have knowledge greater than that of Mechanic 1.
Maintains working knowledge of process in order to recommend equipment design modifications and improvements.
If assigned to refrigeration, must have successfully completed RETA refrigeration Course Books 1,2, 3 and 4.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate and understand information one-on-one and in small groups. English required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of complex variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl while engaged in equipment installation. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance on a man-lift during conduit/piping installation.
The employee must regularly apply force up to 50 pounds when drilling or pulling cable and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds in the handling of motors, pumps, gear boxes and construction materials.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works in high places and in outside weather conditions when working on the can conveyors, waste ponds, spray fields, or treatment ponds, and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and hazardous or caustic chemicals related to the welding process.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
Certified by Knouse Foods as a forklift driver. Must watch safety video and pass written and driving tests, on a regular basis.
Must be face fit-tested, complete training, and pass physical fitness exam by designated physician when required to wear a respirator or SCBA.
Must successfully complete HAZWOPER annual training/recertification if assigned to Refrigeration
Must complete all safety, Food Safety, Food Quality, GMP, and policy training as required.