Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Maintenance Technician at Kenosha WI
TreeHouse Foods is a private label food and beverage leader focused on customer brands and custom products. When customers partner with TreeHouse, they can expect access to an industry-leading portfolio, strategic vision, on-trend innovation and insights, world-class supply chain, operational excellence and flexibility, collaborative approaches and dedicated customer service.
Our strategy is to be the leading supplier of private label food and beverage products by providing the best balance of quality and cost to our customers. We engage with retail grocery, food away from home and industrial and export customers, including most of the leading grocery retailers and foodservice operators in the United States and Canada.
Our portfolio includes a variety of shelf stable and refrigerated products including baked goods, beverages, condiments, meals, and snacks.
Customers can expect comprehensive flavor profiles including natural, organic and preservative-free ingredients in many categories and packaging formats.
With approximately 14,000 employees in over 40 manufacturing facilities across the United States, Canada and Italy. TreeHouse Foods is based in Oak Brook, Illinois.
We are committed to our team members and support their personal and professional growth. We are seeking individuals who are knowledgeable, have a strong work ethic and are team oriented. If this sounds like you, consider joining our talent network.
Responsible for the repair and maintenance of equipment in a food manufacturing facility, including but not limited to install, repair, maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pneumatic tools and equipment, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment. Provides support by performing daily preventative maintenance tasks and assisting with electro/mechanical repairs. Responsible trouble shooting the process equipment in any area of the manufacturing plant and work with schematics, electrical diagrams, blue prints or verbal instructions.
To perform jobs successfully, the incumbent will be required to perform the essential functions with or without accommodation. The company reserves the right to modify, delete or add to the essential functions for the Maintenance position at any time.
- Actively participate in maintaining a Food Safe environment and follow GMPs and Food Safety Guidelines and report any food safety or quality issues to a Supervisor.
- Follow all safety and emergency standards at all times and report to Supervisor any incidents/near misses, hazards related to safety, with equipment, or damage to the facility
- Participate in improvement projects to support continuous improvement and support 5S efforts and keep areas clean and presentable
- Follow company policies and procedures at all times.
- Responsible for the mechanical maintenance activities on all the manufacturing processing equipment in any area of the manufacturing plant.
- Responsible for troubleshooting of any and or designated production lines.
- Responsible for performing adjustments and assisting the operators with problems with the different machines to improve quality and efficiency of the lines.
- Responsible for performing major preventative maintenance activities on the production lines.
- Responsible for dismantling the process equipment in any area of the manufacturing plant and work with schematics, electrical diagrams, blue prints or verbal instructions.
- Responsible for monitoring the production lines and reporting any abnormal condition of the machines to the maintenance coordinator or upper management.
- Responsible for monitoring all the safety items on the machines and keeping these on optimal operational conditions.
- Responsible for communicating with production personnel regarding status of the lines.
- Receives requests from production and other departments and ensures the completion of these requests in a timely manner.
- Be able to prioritize requests so that they are accomplished in a timely manner.
- Maintain and repair production equipment including pneumatic pumps and motors, vacuum pumps, compressors, solvent lines, water lines, air lines, reactor vessels, and HVAC systems.
- Remove, repair, reassemble, align and/or adjust mechanical components such as gearboxes, chain drives, rollers, conveyors, etc.
- Analyze mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical equipment problems and determine action necessary to repair.
- Dismantle machines, make adjustments and install replacement parts or repair parts.
- Maintain equipment logs and records as required.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work area.
- Will read, write, speak and communicate efficiently in English with a wide variety of people and personalities.
- Will perform basic mathematical functions.
- Will keep legible and accurate records.
- Will read follow verbal and written instructions and company-posted work and safety policies, procedures and programs.
- Will work in all areas of the facility, both inside and outside, and on all floors in the facility.
- Will work any shift, overtime, holidays and weekends as production requires.
- Will possess and maintain a valid forklift operator's license at all times and operate the forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
- During periods of downtime, will consult with supervisor for assignment of job duties to be performed.
- Will communicate concerns/issues/problems to supervisor/co-workers in a timely and professional manner.
- Will have mechanical aptitude and knowledge and ability to follow and work from blueprints, sketches, verbal instructions and/or written work orders with minimal supervision.
- Will understand, sign and conform to written power lockout procedures.
- Will perform duties efficiently and calmly during critical "down time" situations.
- Will be willing and able to attend training classes or seminars that may require out of town and/or over night travel.
- Will possess and maintain a good attendance and work record.
- Will train employees coming into the classification of all duties that are required of this position.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Skills, Experience and Education: (List or check the Minimum requirements for skills, experience and education for this position. Note: Education which is Preferred may be listed on the line provided below.)
- High school diploma or GED. Prefer Associates Degree or equivalent from Trade School
- 5+ years of mechanical maintenance experience. May consider technical education in lieu of experience.
- Food industry experience preferred
- Proficient in English verbal and written communication to understand and follow written materials
- Exhibit safe behaviors and personal accountability for quality of work and attendance
- Able to work effectively with others, have good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Continuous improvement mindset with the ability to lead and support multiple projects.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to use computerized maintenance management system as well as other plant computer systems
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and work overtime as needed
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Preferred
- Education/Training/Certification in mechanical/technical sciences
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment
- SAP proficiency
Physical Activity/Working Conditions: (May apply to plant/warehouse positions)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, stretch, stoop, bend, and use hands and fingers.
Minimum Physical Requirements
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Will walk/stand for the duration of a 8-12hour shift and be able to use both hands, twist, bend, stoop, reach and maneuver in tight or cramped areas.
- Will climb stairs, ladders, equipment scaffolding, tanks and heights to 50 feet.
· Will push/pull objects weighing up to 550 pounds to chest level up to 100 times per normal 8-hour shift with the assistance of material handling equipment.
· Will lift objects weighing up to 100 pounds from waist-level to chest-level up to 10 times per normal 8-hour shift with the assistance of a lift and/or co-worker.
· Will use one or both hands to hold, grip, and use tools required for duties, including but not limited to a utility knife.
· Will hear and talk on an ongoing basis in an atmosphere of moderate and loud noise.
· Will work in and around cold water or hot water up to 185° F.
· Will work in cold, warm, hot, humid and/or wet conditions.
Within the work environment, the employee's physical condition must be such that the employee can wear:
- Hearing protection.
- Head protection.
- Steel-toe slip resistant footwear.
- Eye protection when required.
- Hand protection when required.