Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Maintenance Technician - Industrial at Auburn, NY
Position requires a person with strong knowledge and experience in manufacturing equipment; maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical components of production equipment and systems. Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of performance, quality, service, and cost objectives. Comply with all standard operating procedures and requirements as directed by standard manufacturing policies established by the company.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical components of production equipment and systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical, electrical, and PLC equipment.
- Use of common maintenance hand tools and specialty tools to repair and maintain equipment.
- Maintain ammonia refrigeration equipment to comply with all state and federal regulations.
- Maintain plant lubrication program to properly lubricate and maintain all plant equipment within specified standards.
- Maintain compressed air, steam, condensate, chemical transfer, water, glycol, chilled water, tower water, hot water, sanitary waste, natural gas, printing/coding, HVAC and other support systems throughout the manufacturing plant.
- Maintain manufacturing equipment in a desirable manner to achieve target key performance indicators within each department.
- Work closely with maintenance, laboratory, and training personnel to achieve manufacturing objectives.
- Troubleshoot and perform basic maintenance related to all processing equipment, experience with high and low voltage electrical.
- Maintain proper inventory levels of all manufacturing supplies; ordering parts and supplies to maintain equipment.
- Perform minor plumbing, building repair and maintenance.
- Work with technical experts to gain complete knowledge of processing/manufacturing equipment operation, cleaning and maintenance.
- Reading/interpreting equipment manuals, blueprints and other sources of information to ensure proper operation and repair of equipment.
- Prioritize assignments and independently manage time to satisfy business needs.
- Ensure preventive maintenance program is performed in accordance with company standards.
- Demonstrate an understanding of productivity, quality and safety. Generate corrective action requests and document change requests when necessary.
- Maintain the manufacturing plant in a safe and organized condition at all times.
- Always work in a safe manner resulting in no work related injuries.
- Maintain equipment and area cleanliness to ensure compliance with all GMP standards.
- Assist quality, sanitation, warehouse and operations personnel as required.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures within the facility.
- High school diploma or GED, with 2 year-technical degree, associate’s degree or equivalent manufacturing experience with maintenance of mechanical and electrical components in food manufacturing is preferred.
- Ammonia refrigeration experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Windows based programs.
- Familiarity with basic processing equipment and calibration requirements.
- Ability to understand technical records and communicate technical data.
- Ability to work independently or within a group with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts or other work schedules as determined by business needs, including overtime as required.
- Working knowledge of GMP, FDA, SQF and other regulatory requirements helpful.
Working Conditions: Majority of work is performed in the manufacturing facility and on the production floor with extended periods of standing. Work involves exposure to temperature extremes, high noise levels, wetness, heights, dust, moving equipment, vibrations and vapors.
Equipment Used: Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, personal uniforms, and hearing protection. Common processing equipment, including but not limited to pumps, valves, metering systems, homogenizers, separators, heat exchangers, filling equipment, scales, PLC control panels, processing/standardizing equipment, HTST’s evaporators, RO’s, UF’s, dryers, conveying systems, chemical dispensing, material handling equipment and any other processing related equipment. In addition, personal computers with associated software and common office equipment are used.
· All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
· This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
· The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee's job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
· This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
General: All Cayuga employees recognize that the success and prosperity of the company is everyone’s responsibility. All employees are expected to treat each other in a positive, respectful and professional manner, to be at work for their assigned shift and to work safely as a team. Employees must be self-starters who can relate to all levels of the organization.
Communication skills: Must have excellent communication skills to execute training activities and communicate technical aspects to all employees. Leaders must relate well to regulators, compliance officers and the business community leaders. Good oral and written communication skills are essential as is excellent computer skills, especially in the areas of spreadsheets, word processing and internet research.
Judgment and decision-making skills: Must exercise sound judgment and decision-making skills to advise employees properly, and understand both the financial and safety related impact of the decisions made.
Hours: This is a full-time, hourly position. The industrial maintenance technicians may need to put in additional hours to accomplish the mission when necessary. Some domestic travel may be required.
Cayuga Milk Ingredients is an Equal Opportunity Employer and our facility is Tobacco-Free.
|Organization / Company|