Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Maintenance Technician - Electrical - [2nd Shift / Monday to Friday / 3pm to 11:30pm] or [3rd Shift / Monday to Friday / 11pm-7:30am] at Akron, NY
The regular work schedule is anticipated to be - [2nd Shift / Monday to Friday / 3pm to 11:30pm] or [3rd Shift / Monday to Friday / 11pm-7:30am] - Additional days or overtime as required to complete the daily demands
About the Role:
As a core member of our Maintenance team, you will be expected to:
- Repair, install and maintain Electrical Systems and Equipment such as motors, starters, VFD’s, transformers, wiring switches and alarm systems in accordance with the National Electrical Code and any applicable local codes.
- Maintain facilities, production equipment and production support systems
As your employer, Perry’s will help you to achieve all of the above goals through feedback, education, and continuous professional development.
What We’re Looking For:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to push, pull, climb, and squat, bend frequently throughout the shift
- Perform basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers and with decimals and fractions.
- Perform basic measurements (tape measures, levels, calipers, micrometers)
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Physically able to wear a respirator and maintain a Hazmat certification
- Basic computer keyboarding skills & touchscreen technology
- Proficient with basic hand tools and power tools
- Able to work at heights using ladders, platforms or mechanical lifts using OSHA required fall protection
- Can work on extreme temperatures ranging -30 degrees F to 120 degrees F
- Tolerance of variable work environment both indoor and outdoor in conditions that vary based on location and season
- Basic mechanical skills for machine disassembly and reassembly
- NYS approved electrician apprenticeship or 2-year degree in industrial electricity (military schooling is acceptable) or a verifiable trade school.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an industrial electrician position
- Able to draw basic electrical circuits
- Capable of reading blue prints, schematics and electrical diagrams.
- Proficient with electricians tools and test equipment (including multi meters, meggers)
- Familiarity with the Basics of Fluid Control (such as pumps)
- Pipe fitting
- Experience with 3-phase power up to 480 volts
- Able to handle chemicals, paints, solvents and exposure to environmental allergens.
- Supports the production of safe, high quality products and team member safety
- Familiar with NEC codes and the codebook.
- Able to troubleshoot electrical/electronic control circuits.
- Ability to pass a HAZMAT physical
- PLC experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Prepares requisitions for materials/parts required to complete work orders.
- Creates work orders, closes them when complete, and accounts for time spent on tasks in our computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Complies with all safety & GMP regulations.
- Follows all company rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintains membership and training in the company emergency response team as outlined by OSHA, 29 CFR 1910.120 (HAZMAT)
- Must be forklift certified or obtain the qualification within the probationary period.
- Availability to work a variable schedule on occasion to cover other team member time off.
Working with and talking about ice cream… how cool is that?
Behind every bite of Cookie Dough and every scoop of Panda Paws is a passionate team bringing hard work and creative ideas to the table. For over 100 years, Perry’s Ice Cream has been bringing people together to celebrate life’s moments, and you can be a part of this magic.
If you enjoy ice cream and collaborating with others, Perry’s is the place for you! We provide a rewarding supportive environment, and are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals to join our growing team! Plus, you get to be around ice cream. Who could ask for anything more?
In addition to the general perks of getting work with ice cream and a fantastic team all day, Perry’s also offers:
- Health Insurance & Wellness Programs
- Employer Paid Dental Plans
- 401K with Employer Matching
- Paid Family Leave
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Assistance & Opportunities for Continuous Learning & Promotion
Base Pay Rate: $31.56 / hour
Shift Differential: $0.50 / hour
Hazmat: $1.25 / hour
Perry's Ice Cream is an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug free facility.
|Organization / Company|