Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Maintenance Mechanical Technician at Ravena NY
Maintenance Mechanical Technician
To work as part of a team to ensure the continuous operation of the cement plant and associated facilities in order to maximize operational efficiency in an environment of continuous learning and improvement; to maintain, troubleshoot and repair plant equipment in accordance with plant needs within MSHA, and LafargeHolcim safety guidelines.
- Perform all work according to MSHA and plant health and safety procedures and policies, put safety first in everything you do.
- Perform mechanical maintenance work to ensure safe, continuous and efficient operations. Fabrication, assembly, welding, and cutting following safe and accepted maintenance practices to maintain high equipment reliability.
- Dismantles, repairs, and reassembles equipment using an array of mechanical tools and equipment, not limited to, but including, wrenches, pneumatic tools, cutting and welding equipment, an array of workshop equipment, rigging equipment, etc.
- May be asked to serve as a member of a Continuous Improvement Group to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Troubleshoot potential concerns required to achieve and maintain maximum productivity.
- Report maintenance problems to the appropriate supervisor and participate in the development of corrective and preventative maintenance plans.
- Perform preventive/proactive inspections and document findings as directed by the maintenance supervisor and continuous improvement groups.
- Exercise good housekeeping practices at all times.
- Safely operate mobile equipment as required.
- Perform clean up duties are required.
- Work with little or no supervision and in harmony with co-workers and other departments, function productively as a member of a broader maintenance team.
- Perform any and all other duties as may be assigned from time to time. Will be required to work some rotating shifts to help cover shift workers vacation.
- May be required to perform stand-by and carry a communication device to quickly respond to plant needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Additional Education Preferred: Mechanical Qualifications/ Certificates of training
Field of Study Preferred: Mechanical Maintenance
Required Training/Certifications: Trade certificate, technical degree or equivalent and/or relevant experience
Required Work Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment in maintenance
The Physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- The employee will frequently be required to walk on rocky, irregular surfaces that may be muddy and in reduced lighting conditions.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; water related hazards; outside weather conditions; and extreme heat.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, proximity to electrical equipment, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but occasionally loud.