Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Maintenance Manager at Nipomo CA
The Food Maintenance Manager is responsible for the maintenance of ammonia and none ammonia equipment according to policies, procedures, and federal/state/county requirements. The successful candidate will help to develop, implement, and enforce federal/state/county standards, policies, and programs including food safety/plant safety/RMP/PSM, training programs, standard operating procedures (SOP’s). The Maintenance Manager provides leadership, support, and guidance to the management team to ensure RMP/PSM/plant safety/Food Safety expectations are met. This position will report directly to the GCC Plant Manager. This position will act as a due diligence member of GCC to maintain, improve and oversee current safety and maintenance systems.
Maintenance managers are in and around equipment as they are running normally and while they are being repaired. For that reason, the Maintenance Manager will always use required PPE while in these areas. Safety vests, closed toes shoes hearing protection are the minimum PPE anywhere in the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are included. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provides technical training to management, employees and vendors regarding all production equipment including but not limited to: fumigation components, ice injection/making, HydroVac tube cooling, forced air cooling, cold storage equipment/racks/auto doors, dock loading equipment/dock doors/forklifts.
• Contribute in the developing and updating of department SOPs. Assist all department managers for employee technical training.
• Plan and execute on-site/on-going education for equipment and operation training
• Hold regular meetings (WWL) include production, food safety, plant safety, controller and plant managers.
• Maintain a worklist by priority, estimated cost, approved/not approved/not approved at this time, estimated completion date and actual completion date. Distribute the up-dated list to the plant manager the same day the meeting is held.
• Develop an ongoing none ammonia/ammonia/yard task schedule. This schedule to include daily/monthly/annual inspections for equipment tolerance checks/safety/food safety compliance.
• All worklists/inspections/work performed and completed work will be documented/organized and filed for ready retrieval for federal/state/county audits.
• Ensure all current certification requirements from federal/state/county agencies are met
• interact and work with HydroVac, ice injection, PC operators. One to ensure they are following SOP and possibly to address the employee if they fail to meet our expectations within the SOP.
• Contribute to the development, training and execution of SOPs for all production and maintenance departments.
- Documented daily inspections of production areas/shop/rented spaces/pond/perimeter. Report your daily findings to the WWL meeting.
- Maintain spare parts inventory
- Maintain PPE inventory
- Maintain consumables inventory
- Maintain “clean-up” inventory
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
●Input and hold responsibility for maintenance budgets
● Prepare the annual Maintenance budget and forecasts and all Capital
Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal
standards. Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects
Strategy and Development · Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance · Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Maintenance activities
●Manage, coach and develop a high performing Maintenance team that
meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added
value and continuous improvements
● Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing
performance of direct reports
● Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
● Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll
out through the team so that each member of the team understands the
standards and behaviors expected of them
● Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability
● Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels
● Motivate and coach the team to operational success
● Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record
on appropriate systems
● Review, implement and update company records e.g. training matrices,
performance reviews, risk assessments
● Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee
- QC Department
- Yard Maintenance Department
- Food Safety Department
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate leadership, teamwork, safety, food safety, environmental awareness, quantity, security, adaptability, and dependability.
These may include the following:
-Accepts feedback from others -Treats people with respect
-Follows policies and procedures -Supports organization’s goals and values
-Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness -Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
-Reports potentially unsafe conditions -Uses time efficiently and works quickly
-Commits to long hours of work when necessary -Inspires and motives others to perform well
-Improves the morale of others -Focuses on satisfying customer requirements
Education and/or Experience:
Experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience related to Food Safety, Plant Safety/RMP/PSM/Plant/Yard Maintenance
High School diploma required with a minimum of 6 years’ experience
Supervisory experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to speak both English and Spanish is encouraged
• Ability to proactively identify challenges and develop solutions
• High level of integrity and accountability
• Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
• Must be comfortable working independently with minimal oversight
• Ability to make sound judgments
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Good presentation skills
• Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point experience
• Technical acuity and confidence to act.
• Time management and prioritization skills, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
• Regularly standing, bending, and moving intermittently during shift
|Organization / Company|