Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Maintenance & Facility Manger at Forest Grove,, OR
Plans and manages activities of workers engaged in repairing and maintaining machinery, equipment and facilities. Develops and manages the preventive maintenance program. Purchases and maintains supply of parts and tools. Prepares annual operating budget. Designs and imp
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises employees and activities in the maintenance and repair of machinery and other mechanical equipment used in company operations.
• Assists workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Requisitions and maintains supply of spare parts and tools.
• Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
• Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates maintenance polices and procedures.
• Trains maintenance employees in safety, repair, and maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use.
• Oversees and administers the preventive maintenance program.
• Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
• Prepares and administers department budget.
• Oversees waste treatment facility and completes applicable reporting requirements
. • Manages all facility repairs and improvements.
• Manages natural gas procurement.
• Performs maintenance and repair activities, as necessary.
• Develops new equipment/line design.
• Installs new equipment.
• Manages contractors and suppliers.
• Performs other/additional duties and projects that may be periodically assigned
Knowledge of mechanical and equipment maintenance techniques and practices; computerized preventive maintenance programs, CAD software and engineering principles. Understanding of all trades associated with equipment installation, including local building code. Ability to operate equipment/tools/machinery to make appropriate repairs. Ability to examine machines and determine defects in operation. Knowledge of supervisory practices. Ability to use good judgment and communicate effectively at all levels. Ability to speak read and write English at the level necessary to successfully perform assigned responsibilities. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet
Engineering Degree or Bachelor’s Degree plus relevant experience required.
EXPERIENCE (TYPE & DURATION)
5 – 8 years progressively responsible experience in mechanical maintenance; or any equivalent combination of education and experience required. NH3 (Ammonia Refrigeration) experience required.
Exercises direct supervision over maintenance employees. Supervision may include hiring and training, assigning work, evaluating performance, handling grievances, and disciplining employees.
Continuously uses decision making, interpersonal, customer service, discretion, problem analysis, training/supervising, and basic math skills. Work includes frequently standing, bending, handling, and repetitive motions of hands/wrists and feet; and continuously walking, talking, and hearing.
Work performed in a normal office environment and a food processing plant setting. Job may require extended hours, with exposure to safety hazards, hazardous chemicals, production machinery, high noise level, and constant standing on concrete surfaces. Position is also on an on-call status.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees. The company reserves the right to exercise its discretion to make changes and deletions from, or additions to, this job description as the need may arise.