Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
HVAC Maintenance Mechanic at Boston MA
Summary / Objective
The responsibility of this position is to repair, install and troubleshoot refrigeration and HVAC systems while working on climate-control systems; ice machines and refrigeration units (including customer merchandisers).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions. This position requires a broad area of demands; being well-rounded and have the willingness to learn will be a big portion of the position.
· Repair, install and troubleshoot HVAC and refrigeration systems
· Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC and refrigeration systems
· Complete various tasks pertaining to the overall operation of the refrigeration systems
· Diagnose problems and make repairs to existing equipment, apply troubleshooting methods, replace parts and run tests to ensure the system is working properly
· Other duties may be assigned, as needed or required – this includes performing general maintenance requests on tenant portion of the building as well as BIC location buildings
· Understanding of basic electricity and general mechanics
· Knowledge of pneumatics and understanding the concept of thermodynamics
· Ability to listen and follow instructions is a must
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
· Ability to work independently and in teams as needed
· Good math, communication and basic computer skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to diagnose malfunctions an defects in equipment
· Understand electrical and plumbing concepts
· Knowledge of operating tools, gauges and other equipment for refrigeration systems
· Ability to pass a pre-employment background check, and drug test (random drug testing is also performed)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Good physical condition in order to regularly lift and carry equipment, kneel or stoop for long periods of time
· Must be able to lift 40 lbs
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
· Full-time – 40 hours a week, with the chance of overtime during peak season
· Weekend availability is required
Required Education and Experience
· Valid driver’s license for operating motor vehicles in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
· Clean driving record
· High school or technical school graduate or equivalent
· Completion, or on track of completion of an HVAC apprenticeship program
· 1 year
· Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, Joint Commission, EPA and national building codes
· Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
· Basic computer skills
AAP / EEO Statement
All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to an individual’s race; color; religious creed; genetic information; national origin; sex (including same sex); sexual orientation; gender identity; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; ancestry; veteran status; handicap / disability; admission to a mental facility; status as a registered qualifying medical marijuana patient or registered primary caregiver; military membership or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law (“protected class”).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time