Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Electrician at Ketchikan AK
Maintain and troubleshoot industrial equipment. Troubleshoot common equipment problems. Repair all electrical systems, equipment, and machinery of the plant facilities in accordance with codes, regulations, and specifications. Ensure minimum down time of the plant operations. Provide a safe work environment.
- Frequent lifting up to 12 lbs, hand use, standing, and walking.
- Occasional climbing, lifting up to 30 lbs, reaching, and sitting
- Minimal carrying, lifting up to 50 lbs, pushing/pulling, below waist level work, and complex neck/spinal motion.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation, as provided in detail in the Job Analysis Database.
- Electrical Apprenticeship or two year Technical Degree in Electrical, Electronics, or Robotics.
- Two plus years' of Industrial Electrician related experience.
- Ability to interpret and apply national electric code (NEC) and engineering regulations on a practical basis.
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of drives, controls, motion controllers, PLCs, and motors.
- Knowledge of medium voltage power distribution systems.
- Knowledge of silicon-controlled rectifiers (SCR), rectifiers, capacitors, and resistors.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- PLC programming.
- Knowledge of variable frequency drives (VFDs) and motion control systems.
- Machine tool, forklift truck, and crane experience.
- Foundry experience.
- Ensure equipment safety codes and electrical standards are met.
- Follow plant lockout/tagout procedures on all plant equipment.
- Act as subject matter expert for electrical systems.
- Perform ARC flash program.
- Layout control panels using schematics and I/O mapping.
- Perform a wide variety of electrical installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting work to keep production and support equipment in operating conditions.
- Plan, layout, and install complex wiring circuits and distribution centers in conformance with established electrical codes; plan, measure, bend, and fir conduit.
- Install and troubleshoot motor control centers, power distribution panels, lighting panels, and controls on plant equipment such as bar pulling machines, cut off equipment, centerless grinders, trepanning lathes, dust collectors, melting and holding furnaces, and other similar types of equipment.
- Repair, replace, and connect single or three-phase motors AC or DC, on all types of production and support equipment.
- Maintain and replace starter, contactors, relays, timers, limit switches, and counters.
- Use material handling equipment when performing certain electrical maintenance work; operate a forklift truck for transporting equipment and lifting employees; use specialized power equipment for pulling cable and wire.
- Use multimeters and other test instruments when troubleshooting electrical circuits; interpret resistance, voltage and amperage readings to arrive at the solution to electrical problems; use instrumentation built into equipment to diagnose certain malfunctions.
- Proceed independently when installing or troubleshooting electrical equipment; obtain needed information, form wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, and code books.
- Follow all plant safety rules; use safety equipment appropriate for the job; be aware of the safety of others.
- Follow Environmental, Quality and Safety Management System procedures and requirements.
- Ability to meet the essential job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation, as outlined in the job description.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
|Organization / Company|