Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Electrician at Hereford, Texas
Reports To: Maintenance Team Leader
At Merrick, we don’t just make pet food. We make the Best Food Ever. Founded in 1988, Texas-based Merrick PetCare is a leader in natural and organic pet food. We believe that our people are the source of our competitive advantage, and as we invest in our people, we invest in our shared future. When you join Merrick PetCare in Hereford, TX you are not only joining a leader in natural and organic pet food, you are joining a tight knit community focused on creating the most nutritious and wholesome food for pets.
Founded in 1988, Texas-based Merrick Pet Care, Inc. is a leader in natural and organic pet food. With a mission to create the most nutritious and wholesome food, Merrick families take better care of their pets by cooking up nutritious real whole foods for pets. All foods are made using only the freshest ingredients grown by local farmers. The company offers a wide variety of dry and wet foods, as well as treats, that are available nationally at independent pet specialty stores, Petco, and online via select retailers. In April 2012, Merrick Pet Care Inc. acquired Castor & Pollux and its ORGANIX, Natural Ultramix and Good Buddy food and treats for pets. These brands are available at PetSmart, natural grocery, and online via select retailers.
- Competitive compensation package
- 401k matching program
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- Paid Time Off (PTO) plus company holiday schedule (10 days)
- Education reimbursement program
- Pet Adoption Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Extensive on-the-job training
- Leadership and career development opportunities
- Troubleshoot, repair and PM all electrical equipment in the factory safely.
- Meets all Safety, Health, Quality and Environmental requirements when performing job duties.
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives and root cause analysis.
- Work overtime and weekends as required.
- Potential to earn up to $25/Hour
- Work safely at all times. Follow all safety policies and procedures. Attend safety, team and plant-wide meetings; attend safety and functional training, perform SafeStart observations. Must be able to accurately distinguish colors.
- Understand and follow plant sanitation practices and procedures including primary work areas and maintenance shop
- Ability to effectively communicate to/with other team members as it pertains to plant operations
- Use Maintenance practices for storeroom ordering, work order(s) and daily time entry
- Properly use Maintenance equipment including hand tools, lifts, threaders, benders, drill(s) and welding equipment
- Apply basic electrical and electronic principals in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Plant Systems
- Understand and follow the latest plant electrical standards and procedures including those for Hazardous (Classified) Locations, Division 16 Standards, N.E.C. (National Electric Code) and plant wiring standards
- Properly use basic diagnostic equipment including volt/ohm meter, wiggie, ammeter and megger
- Properly install conduit, raceways, fittings, etc.
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain switch gear, control wiring and components, overcurrent and overload protection for plant motor(s) including three phase systems
- Read, update and create electrical prints and documentation
- Design, program and troubleshoot plant programmable logic controllers, input/output devices and associated equipment
- Troubleshoot and maintain plant electrical and electronic equipment to competent level including operator interfaces, process controllers, power supplies, etc.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all plant equipment and material flow
- Demonstrate ability and desire to stay abreast of new technology and equipment as it pertains to plant operations
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- Attend safety, team and plant wide meetings: attend safety and functional training: perform SafeStart observations
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. AA Degree or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 3+ years industrial electronics or related electrical experience required
Relocation: Candidate must be able and willing to relocate to the Hereford, Texas area.
Skills: Applied knowledge of single phase and (3) phase electrical power, basic PLC programming and ability to diagnosis and repair electrical circuits in a high volume manufacturing environment.
Other: Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Shift: Must be available to work any shift