Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Electrical Engineer at Tulare CA
Effective and consistent management of the site engineering practice and operation. To consistently achieve production and cost targets minimizing waste and downtime, through effective management and upkeep of the processes, teams and equipment, so as to ensure that we achieve customer service level with our customers, through the manufacture of products to the right quality and specification. Covering all aspects of food safety.
This will be achieved by ensuring that engineering teams and projects are effectively coordinated and managed, through having a clear knowledge and understanding of requirements, providing hands-on on technical skills (lead by example), attention to detail and providing all teams with inspiration, guidance, motivation, training and multi-skilling.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science Engineering
· At least 2-3 years in a manufacturing environment in engineering or maintenance department
Role and Activity
Site Maintenance and Department
· The position is on the factory floor – definitely a hands-on role – technical utilities skills required to train, teach and develop employees. 20 – 30 % Maintenance work; 70 - 80% Capital Project Work .
· Ensure smooth running of the factory machinery – either through management of others or fixing the matter directly.
· Production Plan, kept informed and updated of any changes to this plan in order to plan daily work and equipment readiness enables plan completion, ensure all machinery is available for production when required
· Drive the team to look for issues, and not wait to be told or instructed to complete a task
· Awareness of all machinery problems or any unfinished jobs, as well as anticipated timing for repair.
· Keep a full library of machine’s manuals, along with support mechanisms linked to site or group resources when information and support is required.
· Ensure maintenance team has electrical and automation skills to quickly responds to all calls.
· Ensure effective shift hand-over with team making sure they are held accountable for what they do, clear on what was not done (and why), and that the right information on issues and actions are brought to the DRM.
· Create a “one person for one job” policy unless the job requires more or for training; never compromise safety.
· Ensure all areas are operating under control, the workplace, workshop and stores are clean, organized and tidy by maintaining a clean as you go policy in all areas.
· Ensure all power distributions systems are operated, inspected, and maintained in a safe, productive and reliable manner
· Good knowledge of PLCs, HMIs, VFDs, Servo Drives and Servo motors, Rockwell is required.
· Good knowledge of Ethernet/IP, ControlNet and DeviceNet communication protocols
· Ability to program PLC, HMIs, VFDs and Servo Drives is required. Rockwell is required
· Ability to help and troubleshoot electrical systems up to 600Vac using tools such as Multimeter or Megohmeter.
· Drive the production process to ensure that the products produced meet customer specification, quality and food safety.
· Ensure that daily, weekly and monthly production meets targeted outputs through effective management of equipment and engineering resources
· Provide a visible presence in production to guide, coach, monitor and control the issues and activities and be accessible to all. Spend majority of work hours with a visible presence in production to guide, coach, monitor and control the issues and activities and be accessible to all.
· Communicate effectively with all the team, not just “Send and Forget” emails.
· Proactively looking for areas of improvement and to adopt techniques and practices that ensure that there is a quality environment in production
· Ensure that health and safety requirements are fully met and a positive safety culture is maintained throughout the factory
· Ensure that you walk the talk and use the “looking eyes”, attend to the issues as and when they happen. The daily site walk must deliver a clean tidy site all over.
· Promote the Froneri culture of employees being owners rather than just employees.
· To ensure the use of other group resources to ensure synergies are carried through, driving knowledge and issues to be shared.
· Briefing & de-briefing the team on daily basis.
· Engineering stock is accurate and is kept at a controlled value, at the same time ensuring critical spares are available
· Risk assessment of all critical spares
· Know what has been used and ordered daily
· Create links with other sites where feasible to not duplicate stores stock
· Ensure redundant stock does not build up
· Ensure the maintenance plan has purpose, that it evolves to allow the maximum time available for production, no strip and rebuild for the sake of it! Only replace worn/ broken parts – condition based rather than planned based maintenance
· Drive the tasks through required work from observations and data, not just theoretical plans
· Full evaluation of, cost, availability and requirement to decide if run to failure or replace
· Maintenance always follows production, not the other way around.
· Ensure that maintenance tasks adhere to company’s food safety polices at all times.
· Ensure all working practices comply with company rules and procedures in order that you and any other persons using the area of work can do so safely.
· Always keep full and up to date records of all equipment to ensure traceability
· Ensure that one exhibits an attitude of absolute intolerance for unsafe situations and never implement any change, whether directly instructed to, or under your own initiative, without first questioning its impact in relation to product safety/quality, people safety and the environment. No compromises will be tolerated.
· Ensure that the highest principles of ethical conduct on behalf of the community, consumer, company, and the engineering profession are adhered to and that all dealings are maintained within a competitive and fair environment and above reproach.
· Support and encourage clear and open communication between the team members and related stakeholders, e.g. site and market management, PTC, CO Engineering, CT Packaging and the SBU.
· Ensure that the procedures for protecting Dreyer’s technological and proprietary know-how are in place and actively being implemented.
· Ensure that the requirements of the client are maintained at all times in accordance with the business needs.
· Evaluate all tasks against cost, time and quality for internal or external completion
· Detailed supplier specification completed for all equipment projects, more upfront detail results in less work later
· Close management of time scales, costs and deliverables maintained to ensure all projects, meet expectations, are on time and within budget
· Ensure that all projects are designed for the long term and result in a positive impact on the company.
· Thoroughly challenge the supporting documentation even if it is provided by other functions.
· Prepare the project for approval in accordance with the Guidelines for Capital Investment.
· Ensure that all assets are well designed (i.e. plant layout, equipment selection etc.) and fit the business purpose through applying new technologies, proven principles, thorough design reviews and basic science.
· Ensure that the design is directed towards a low cost, highly efficient and flexible operation.
· Ensure that the project scope is achieved within the agreed cost and timing.
· Ensure that the operators, mechanics, electricians etc. are effectively trained and that the transfer of the equipment to the client is both smooth and efficient. This includes all the supporting documentation that will be required by the client to operate and maintain the plant. e.g. operating instructions, equipment manuals, plant layouts, maintenance instructions, spare parts listing etc.
· Manage the allocation of all expenditures to clearly defined assets and the entry into the assets register.
· Complete the project file and ensure that it is handed over to the client.
· Complete a final report on all projects and ensure that this is circulated to the key stakeholders.
· Treat all spends as if they are your own
· To manage, monitor and control costs to ensure that site costs are within budgeted requirements
Supports the Maintenance and Engineering in all other capacities as requested
[Consider each of the activities/tasks/duties listed above and identify how the business will measure your activities]
· Down time
· Balance between planned & reactive
· Zero rejections for product food safety and quality issues due machinery
· Waste driven by poor equipment performance
· Daily, weekly, monthly production targets are fully met
· Costs are maintained at/below budgeted levels
· Direct Team to receive a performance review
· Training and development plans in place for all team, producing measurable business benefits
· Quality and improvement initiatives being implemented
· An improving trend on the submitted weekly KPI’s
· Projects delivered on time within budget
· Drive actions from quality benchmarking
Levels of responsibility
· All site process and equipment.
· Break down interventions, maintenance and improvements
· Production Targets
· Maintenance budget
· Health & Safety
· Team management
· Training and development of the team
· Impeccable hygiene standards always
· Performance – Open to change and will always look for better, simpler and more effective ways of operating. Operate under controlled speed and pressure
· Hands on approach. – Decisions and plans based on looking and being part of the event, not solely based on report reading. Know and understand the process and machinery
· Zero compromise on Quality and excellence. – Hygiene, Process, speed and Wastage.
· Entrepreneurial – Challenges the status quo and explores new ideas and opportunities
· Continually striving knowledge of the process and product - Understand all tasks, processes and activities as an expert in Ice cream.
· Teamwork – Commitment and enthusiasm to working together to achieve better outcomes, with a sense of customer service towards the factory
· Accountability – Personal commitment, Methodical and self-disciplined, Logical thinking
· Consumer focused –Help produce products that meets quality standards