Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Ammonia Refrigeration Operator at Jackson, VA
Job Summary: The Ammonia Refrigeration Operator is responsible for the operation and maintenance of ammonia refrigeration systems. This position must be able to safely operate refrigeration equipment in a safe manner, perform systematic preventative maintenance on refrigeration equipment, and assist with Process Safety Management (PSM).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Start and stop ammonia refrigeration equipment and maintain proper operation of equipment without supervision.
- Provide preventive and emergency maintenance work on refrigeration equipment in coordination with the Refrigeration Operator.
- Assist the Associate Safety Coordinator with all process safety management efforts in order to meet all OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Ensure product integrity is maintained through temperature monitoring and control.
- Operate and maintain the Cold Storage facility’s controlled atmosphere system when Cold Storage rooms are sealed.
- Perform inspections and preventative maintenance while constantly monitoring for leaks and any other defections in equipment.
- Assist management with the creation and updating of standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for housekeeping and cleanup of refrigeration machine rooms and refrigeration maintenance areas.
- Any other projects, as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Certification in industrial refrigeration or a similar field.
- Ability to achieve Hazwoper certification within the first year of employment.
- Must possess an Ammonia Refrigeration Operator 1 Certification.
- At least three years of experience in the operation and maintenance of ammonia refrigeration equipment.
- Ability to respond to unplanned and emergency equipment failures including on weekends and nights.
- May be required to check the system on weekends and holidays.
- Ability to successfully complete, comprehend and apply Controlled Atmosphere training.
- Must possess the ability to successfully complete the annual Respiratory Protection Program requirements.
- Must be able to ensure a quality seal along the seal line of the approved respirator for protection.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to understand and follow good manufacturing practices (GMP)s.
- Excellent trouble shooting and mechanical skills.
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
- Able to safely replace mechanical and electrical components including motors, motor starters, switches, solenoids, pumps, refrigeration valves, and compressors.
- Proficient in written and verbal communication.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Current or prior Hazwoper Certification strongly preferred.
- Controlled Atmosphere Process knowledge preferred.
- Confined Space experience preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The Ammonia Refrigeration Operator is required to work in the warehouse area and outside. While performing the duties of this job, the associate frequently will be exposed to outside weather conditions, wet and/or humid conditions, and extreme heat and/or cold. The associate occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high precarious places, and has to the risk of exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and the risk of electrical shock. The incumbent will be exposed to loud noises from production equipment and thus will be required to wear PPE. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be high at times due to production and mechanical equipment noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be performed by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, or feel objects, equipment, or controls; reach with hands and arms; see, talk and /or hear. The associate frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, sit, crouch, or crawl. The associate will be required to walk at least 1 square mile of property during safety rounds, frequently traveling up and down stairs and other uneven work surfaces. The associate is required to taste, touch or smell. Frequent exposure to physically stressful situations.
Associates must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull, and balance up to 100 pounds.
|Organization / Company|