Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Utilities Supervisor at Alaska
To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required.
Ensure proper operation, maintenance and repair of all aspects of the ammonia, steam, power, and air systems to include major repairs and renovations. Maintain operational parameters and control operating costs. Exhibit general maintenance knowledge, provide service to all aspects of the facility, and coordinate with management on the safety of all associates and the community in the event of emergency involving federal regulated processes. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Specific duties include:
- Troubleshoot, repair and operate the complete Utilities system to include but not limited to ammonia, power, air steam, seawater and associated subsystems.
- Communicate/educate all associates to ensure a safe working environment, eliminate equipment downtime and prevent potential ammonia releases.
- Conduct routine inspections of the Utilities system and address any item in need of maintenance.
- Obtain/monitor operational set points, control points and daily events related to the Utilities system.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement.
- Possess general maintenance knowledge and ability to properly repair/maintain all equipment and the facility overall
- Work with Utilities planner to determine root causes for damage/maintenance and recommend changes in procedure/training.
- Develop a preventative maintenance culture that protects company assets and avoids reactionary crisis management
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Promote safe work habits and a safe work environment that promotes zero accident rates
- Track all costs related to the operation and maintenance of the Utilities system in order for it to operate at or below budgeted levels
- Work with Utilities planner to create and maintain a library of blueprints, operating manuals, proper operating procedures and other data for accurate information
- Work with Utilities planner and Head Utilities Operator to manage and maintain all aspects of the following programs but not limited to: Consent Decree, PSM, RMP, ERP, and Hazmat.
- Develop/train Utilities assistant operators and Operators.
- Maintain high company standards of professionalism
- Create a competitive, responsive and informed workforce through good communication and involvement with all department
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports
- Coordinate and track spare parts inventory
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and duties outside of their normal responsibilities as assigned by Plant Engineer.
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline required. (A minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in the power plant or food industry operations may be considered in lieu of degree).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within a plant maintenance function.
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
- Ability to follow Continuous Improvement (CI) Processes in the Management Operating Structure (MOS).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Able to handle exposure to noise, extreme weather conditions, and areas where hazardous chemicals are present
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb stairs, kneel, stoop, sit, walk extensively
- Ability to successfully complete a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen, background check, physical, functional capacity examination, and to be able to meet all physical requirements of the job
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.