Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Truck Driver – OTR (Over the Road) at Hamburg PA
The OTR truck driver transports finished goods from the facility to clients throughout the United States serving the supply chain logistics department in a safe and timely manner. This position consists of long hours on the road.
Essential Job Functions
The essential duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drive trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pull a towed weight exceeding 10,000 lbs.
- Transport finished goods to and from the place of origin to assigned destination.
- Perform inspections of vehicle prior to and following each trip.
- Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts.
- Maneuver trucks into loading and unloading positions.
- Collect and verify delivery documentation.
- Ensure contents are properly secured inside of the truck to prevent damage.
- Safely and efficiently handle and unload product at selected destinations.
- Communicate with dispatch as needed.
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (fuel, oil checks, tire pressure, repairs, etc.).
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal codes and regulations, including all DOT regulations.
- Report any damages to company vehicles and trailers via eMaintenance work order program.
- Report any animal welfare related issues to management immediately.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
Minimum Required Qualifications
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Valid Class A CDL license required.
- 2+ years proven experience with tractor-trailer driving and reefer units preferred.
- Clean driving record with no moving violations.
- Comfortable maneuvering and parking a tractor-trailer.
- Alert, focused, and detail oriented.
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems.
- Ability to multitask and effectively prioritize workload.
- Ability to independently make decisions with minimum supervision.
- Ability to do Basic Math.
- Ability to legibly write entries for record keeping.
- Strong teamwork skills with a willingness to assist others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to satisfy all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures.
The physical requirements/environmental factors for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical and drug screen.
- Must be physically and mentally fit.
- Must be able to exit equipment by stepping, climbing, and kneeling.
- Must be able to crouch and squat for pre and post trip inspections.
- Must be able to sit and drive truck frequently and for long periods.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and 80 pounds with assistance.
- This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
- All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
- I have read this job description (or had it read to me) and I fully understand all of my job duties and responsibilities as set forth herein. I am able to perform the duties and responsibilities as outlined, with or without reasonable accommodation. I understand that my job duties and responsibilities may change on a temporary or regular basis according to the needs of my location or department and if so, I will be required to perform such additional duties and responsibilities. If I have any questions about job duties not specified on this description that I am asked to perform, I should discuss them with my immediate supervisor or a member of the HR staff.