Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Training & Development Manager at Yoakum, Texas
Job Title: Training & Development Manager FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Vice-President, Human Resources.
Location: Yoakum, TX
Number of Reports: 2
The Training & Development Manager reports to the Vice President of Human Resources and will work on a flexible, rotating position schedule with other HR Team members. The rotating positions include Recruiting, Employee Relations and other tasks as directed. The Training and Development Manager will learn and implement all Training Programs and be responsible for Onboarding new employees into the Company
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct the activities of the Training Department to provide services to all managers with training and development programs to enhance the culture and learning.
- Ensure that uniform standards and company policies are established, in compliance with government regulations, are properly maintained, and actively support company objectives.
- Establish and implement long-range programs in the areas of organization development, training and workforce planning.
- Develop Training programs with specific goals and objectives for all departments in the company.
- implement and initiate specific learning programs in the various areas of the company.
- Oversee the selection and maintenance of all training systems, including, learning management system and applicant tracking system.
- Assist with the review, development and Implementation of new compensation programs, including the job description process, salary comparison, performance review, salary administration and benefits programs.
- Develop programs for employee recognition and training and development.
- Maintain and promote positive employee relations in the work environment.
Education / Skills / Experience
- BA/BS in human resources, personnel management or related field
- 10 years of progessively responsible related work experience, including 5 years or more in a managerial/supervisory capacity necessary to gain essential management skills to direct a professional and administrative work group.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Must have the ability to conduct training.
• Must have the ability to act and perform exemplary work independently.
• Outstanding verbal presentation and facilitation skills
• Must be able to deal with change successfully.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with multiple departments at all levels
• Must be able to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution
• Must be able to successfully and positively engage the employees.
• Must be a flexible, team player with the ability to make sound decisions and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Must be proficient in the use of MS Suite Office Products i.e.: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation.
- BA in Human Resources
- PHR Certification
- HACCP Certified
- A working knowledge of human resources information systems and payroll systems.
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Outstanding analytical skills
Titles Reporting to this Position:
Licensing and Certification:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is required to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, climb, reach overhead and bend to the floor. Must be able to exert 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally.
Able to work in cold environments and stand/walk for long periods of time