Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Star Utility Tech- Refrigeration at Nashville, TN
Star Utility Tech (Refrigeration)- Nashville - 2nd Shift - Full Time - Nashville, Tennessee-NAS00189
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Cargill Business Operations and Supply Chain
At Cargill Business Operations and Supply Chain, we know that our customers don’t just sell products; they sell the reputations behind those products. Our customers provide people with something that they crave and love and it’s a product that we love, too. And we understand how deeply the quality of our red meat connects to our customers’ reputations. After all, it’s our reputation, too. We have been innovating for the last 150 years to bring our partners new solutions that help nourish the world. We continue to aggressively pursue improvements and produce real results that impact not only our operations but our industry, employees and the world around us. By continuously improving our products, processes and services we are ensuring a better, more sustainable future for our employees, for our customers, for our communities and for our company.
Utility technicians have responsibilities that include but are not limited to maintaining all aspects of the facility’s refrigeration system, steam generation system, hot water system and compressed air system plus any other duties as needed. Technicians must perform preventative maintenance work, conduct daily set-up of area, perform inspections and document data on reports and logs, all while making safety the number one priority. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge and be certified to run ammonia refrigeration systems, boilers, and compressed air systems or be able to attain certification within six months. Utility technicians must be able to work in wet or humid environments, work at various heights, work around moving mechanical parts, work in a fast-paced environment, and work around chemicals and solvents. Utility technicians must be able to stand for the entire 12-hour shift and must be able to use all required PPE for the position, which includes a respirator.
Weekly Pay- Up to $21.25/hourly. 4pm to 2:30am Sun-Thurs or Tues-Sat
Manufacturing Process Reliability
- Be knowledgeable in the use of a variety of tools and understand basic parts for general repairs.
- Assist with daily start-up or shut-down
- Perform preventative maintenance and any assigned work orders
- Perform troubleshooting activities
- Perform all work safely and comply with Cargill safety policies, such as lock out tag out.
- Monitor systems through computer programs
- Perform written and digital documentation: daily log, round sheets, and other reports
- Work around machinery and power sources such as electricity
- Maintain cleanliness and housekeeping for a safe working environment
- Previous maintenance or utility experience
- Familiarity with computer systems
- Ability to wear all required PPE (including respirator)
- Basic Math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Caro and Ciro certifications (or ability to obtain within six months)
- Previous ammonia refrigeration or PSM experience
- Previous Cargill Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.