Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Shop Foreman at Williston, North Dakota
Are You Ready?
Brady Trucking is a family-owned company built by truckers for truckers. From Larry Brady’s one truck in 1980 through today’s 400+ trucks in operations across the US, Brady Trucking has built trucking partnerships to set us up for long term success & growth.
As part of the growth, Brady Trucking Farmington will hire a new Shop Foreman to oversee a shop that runs 40 trucks pulling sand boxes, flatbed, and pneumatic trailers. In Brady shops, we will do our own tires, grease jobs, and truck services and we replace windshields. We will not be doing the overheads or engine work in Farmington, but with the right staff, we can do clutch jobs and exchange rear-ends. The Foreman will manage federal annual Safety inspections, troubleshoot and repair diesel, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical equipment, but for the most part the goal is to keep equipment moving efficiently. The Shop Foreman balances several obligations.
- Keeping Drivers engaged when they know their equipment is in for repair or service
- Scheduling services when possible between repairs
- Keeping mechanics focused on timely and quality work
- Stay on top of any outsourced work, this can be very costly if not managed properly.
- Manage a diverse group of mechanics, making sure they are getting paid well while watching overtime
- Inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair heavy duty equipment in the shop and in the field
- Service equipment as required to ensure proper operating condition at the job site
- Documentation, timesheets, checklists, receiving records and repair order logs
- Preventative maintenance
- Manage a clean, safe work environment
- Meet all company, governmental and equipment related safety requirements
SHOP MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong welding fabricating experience is a plus as we repair and build lots of equipment
- General knowledge of pneumatic trailers is a plus
- Read and interpret specifications and manuals
- Diagnostics and repair a wide variety of mechanical, diesel, and electrical equipment
- Effective verbal and written communicate skills with customers, managers, yard and dispatch
- Must maintain satisfactory driving record at all times. CDL required or ability to obtain a real PLUS.
- Maintain and update equipment records by entering data into a computer
- Vocational Training and/or Technical Certificate or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience as a heavy equipment/diesel mechanic
- Provide own tools
ABOUT THE PEOPLE
At Brady Trucking, it’s about the PEOPLE. Our equipment is the best spec’d and maintained in the oilfield because Brady PEOPLE. Our business has shown incredible growth because Brady PEOPLE. Our customers contract with us again and again in new business ventures across the map because Brady PEOPLE. It’s truly about the PEOPLE at Brady Trucking.
Along with trucking partnerships across the country that provide tremendous growth opportunity for employees, Brady Trucking offers you a total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance, 401K, Paid Holidays.
The bottom line: our Shop Foreman must make sure (s)he is taking care of the Company in the Brady Way. Engaged Drivers, productive Mechanics, satisfied vendors, and successful managers.
Are you sure you’re ready?
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.