Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Sanitation Team Leader 2nd Shift at Meadowside
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coach 2nd shift Sanitation members at Meadowside to deliver continuous improvement in the areas of safety, food safety/quality, cost of goods manufactured, customer service, Member development and BPTW.
- Develop best practices for effective and efficient cleaning and operation of all related equipment.
- Ensure sanitation and food safety specifications are met. Train and coach Members on those processes. Be responsible for the performance, productivity and efficient utilization of resources.
- Create an environment that ensures Member involvement and implementation of programs, ideas, and guidelines that ensure fairness to all Members and improve Member morale and work life.
- Ensure appropriate Coaches/Members are kept informed of all problems, issues, and events that could affect safety, food safety/quality, cost, customer service, Member development and BPTW.
- Participate/facilitate in daily GRILL meetings and participate in projects when they come up.
- Be responsible for the crewing and scheduling of members as well as verifying timecards for accuracy
- Grow, develop, and stretch yourself by continuing to find new and better ways to meet your commitments to yourself, your team and to Johnsonville.
- Prepare production equipment for cleaning by locking out machinery and covering all necessary electrical equipment with plastic.
- Teardown equipment according to best practice within the department you work to prepare for sanitation.
- Proper handling and use of cleaning and sanitizing chemicals.
- Dry clean, pre-rinse, foam, scrub, post rinse, wipe condensation, and sanitize production equipment, ensuring that all areas meet Johnsonville’s and USDA’s standards of acceptability.
- Setup equipment according to best practice within the department you work to prepare for production.
- Ability to perform the necessary operations for the production of all sausage types manufactured within the department you work.
- Must be able to complete and review sanitation and production documentation paperwork accurately.
- Supervise cleanliness and sanitation of production equipment, ensuring that all areas meet Johnsonville’s and USDA’s standards of acceptability.
- Assist in the conduct and review of environmental and bioluminescence swabbing and results.
- Ability to create new processes or procedure’s.
- Provide team Members with the opportunity, to make commitments (goals/targets) and to grow and stretch beyond their current position by reaching for these new opportunities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- An Associate’s Degree or B.S. Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Meat or Food Science, or a related field, preferred. Candidates without a Bachelor’s Degree and/or an Associate’s Degree must be willing to continue their education.
- A minimum of 1 - 2 years of experience in a food manufacturing environment, preferably in USDA facilities is preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Previous experience in leading a project, team or Grill Meeting.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to function and support a team-based environment.
- Work experience that demonstrates Johnsonville’s Core Values, (i.e., Commitment to Integrity, Continuous Learning, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement, Superlative Performance and Innovation).
- Knowledgeable in regulatory compliance (Human Safety, USDA, HACCP).
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to identify CCP’s and maintain all GMP’s.
- Must have basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel etc.).
- Must be able to be certified in chemical usage.
- Must be able to obtain a forklift and Will lift license and learn the safe operation of electric pallet movers
Positions Available: 1
Hours: 2nd Shift 12:30pm-9:30pm Overtime during week as well as weekend work based on sanitation schedule and production demands. (Must be willing to work other shifts for short periods of time)
Member Status: Full time
Pay Range: Hourly based on performance with a job group range
Hiring Coach: Jesse XIong
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.