Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Route Driver – Off Premise at Denton TX
Route Driver – Off Premise
Day Rate + Commission
Route Supervisor; Route Manager
This position is accountable for the delivery of pre-sold or driver sale products to customers’ locations throughout servicing counties. This is a front-line role working directly with our customers. Route Driver is responsible for safely operating delivery vehicles and equipment and to insure the accurate and timely delivery of product. Additionally, Route Driver is responsible for all associated Encompass transactions and the collection of payments and signatures. The position is responsible for complying with all company safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Check in with Route Supervisor daily upon arrival. Check for any special instructions for the day.
- Performs daily pre-trip DOT inspection of vehicle, follows DOT regulations and a post-trip DOT inspection. Insures proper vehicle registration and insurance documents as well as accident kits are present in vehicle.
- Leave warehouse at appointed time and deliver required product to locations as specified by order in a safe and timely fashion. Follow delivery schedule unless authorized deviations by Sales Manager or Route Manager/Supervisor.
- When assigned a Route Assistant, review the daily tasks with them and make sure they are performing their daily tasks within the account as instructed. Notify Route Supervisor of any issues or needs.
- Deliver merchandise; off-load items using company provided equipment, to customers along a predetermined delivery route in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain the highest level of delivery accuracy by checking each product off using Encompass.
- Contribute to work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
- Maintain personal productivity and quality standards.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in training by Route Manager and Route Supervisors.
- Swaps product per company and supplier procedures as it relates to code dates.
- Complete all required documents pertaining to delivery, pick up, and DOT regulations.
- At each account, check all product dates, rotate wells, windows, back stock and displays per company and suppliers procedures as it relates to expiration dates. Handle swaps per company procedures.
- Builds displays per Account Manger request.
- Make sure cooler & back stock is clean and organized. Clean up all trash at the account and dispose of properly.
- Collect payment for all delivered products per company policy and TABC regulations. Make sure the payment is correct (verify amount on check/money order). Maintain security of monies and products at all times. Driver is financially responsible for losses in reconciliation of product and money.
- Communicate daily with Account Manager about any cuts, out of stocks, breakers, and any other issues.
- Handles issues with load errors correctly such as calling in no-load/miss loads to warehouse; calling Account Manger/Supervisor/Chain Account Manger if products will not scan in the back door (computer system) of accounts, calling Account Manager if cuts by account.
- Upon returning to warehouse, fuels truck daily, opens all bay doors completely, cleans out trailer, cleans out bays, puts away carts/pallets, clean out cab and puts dollies/equipment away.
- Drivers are totally responsible for the product loaded on their trucks and the monies collected from the sales of that product. If there are any losses found during the check-in process that is not or cannot be recovered, the driver is responsible for paying those losses.
- Complete proper check in procedures with warehouse. Save and turn in daily invoices for stock deliveries to each account location on a daily basis.
- Check with Route Manager or Supervisor for any further assignments including delivering hot shots.
- Must be personable in working with customers relating to delivery or pickup problems.
- Communicate daily with Route Manager and/or Route Supervisor of dropped accounts or any field issues.
- Communicate all competition’s activities observed to Account Manger (i.e. box resets, display changes, stock placement, back space allocations, etc.)
- Be knowledgeable and current on all product promotions, discounts; supplier policies, and sales techniques etc. This requires attendance at meetings, seminars, and other activities dictated by management.
- Know our products.
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail while constantly aware of the work surroundings when operating a vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
This list is not all inclusive but rather an overview of the role’s primary work duties.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Clean driving record with a Class A CDL license.
- Valid TABC License.
- Ability to work with computer programs associated with the performance of the position.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs several times a day.
- Excellent driving skills and knowledge of traffic laws.
- Decision making, thoroughness and time management a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work independently and as an effective member of a team.
- Knowledge of geographic areas.
- Requires knowledge of vehicle maintenance and operation.
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations.
- Ability to pass a background investigation and physical, drug and alcohol test.
- Prior beer industry experience preferred.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Essential Job Functions:
- Constant use of sight, hearing and speech abilities in performance of essential job functions required.
- Frequent contact with moving equipment.
- Frequent standing/walking during delivery activities, up to 2 miles daily.
- Frequent sitting throughout work shift up to 30 minutes at one time.
- Frequent lifting using both hands/arms, typical weights 10-60 lbs., occasionally up to 160 lbs.
- Frequent carrying of 10-75 lbs., occasionally up to 100 lbs., 3-4 feet from pallet to hand truck to off load area.
- Frequent push/pulling using both hands/arms, approximately 30-100 lbs. exertion, depending on weight of load on hand truck and whether climbing stairs.
- Frequent bending/crouching/squatting at waist or knees during delivery.
- Frequent twisting waist/neck in normal range required while driving.
- Frequent climbing and balancing in and out of cab.
- Frequent use of feet in operation of foot pedals.
- Use of smart phone and company issued electronics and equipment
- Able to read/write and record data.
- Able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Able to work independently and exercise independent judgment in completing fast pace, heavy volume route.
- Able to pay close attention to detail and deal with a variety of issues with constant interruptions.
- Requires effective memory recall regarding products and customers.
- Constant awareness of work surroundings while driving.
- Close attention to detail.
- In truck cab, trailer, or customer location 80% of the time.
- Exposure to outdoors during delivery 20% of the time.
- Hazards include: moving vehicles, equipment, slippery surfaces, noise, exhaust fumes and exposure to various weather conditions during delivery activities.
*Constantly over 80% time, Frequently 20-80% time and Occasionally under 20% of time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 5:00am – route daily completion, 40+ hours per week. Additional hours during and leading up to holidays; during business peaks.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and AD&D, 401(k) match and paid time off
The Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. The Company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Company’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.