Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Refrigeration Technician at Wood River, AK
Responsible for the upkeep and repair of the facility’s ammonia refrigeration systems, equipment, and procedures to include tunnel freezer and blast cell freezers, flake ice making capabilities, RSW chiller, mess hall’s freon units, and various freezer and cooler units. During the processing season, optimal operation of the refrigeration equipment is crucial to the facility’s overall efficiency. Troubleshoot, repair, and service systems under the guidance of the Chief Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance and repair of the plant’s refrigeration systems.
- Pre and post season maintenance as required to ensure smooth operations.
- Close cooperation with other departments to provide a continuous flow of product through the plant.
- Close cooperation with the plant’s QA department and Production Foreperson’s to ensure optimal quality and efficiency are being achieved.
- Post season ordering of parts and supplies.
- Ensure all daily tasks are completed in compliance with Plant’s safety program.
- Follow all requirements of the facilities Process Safety Management program for refrigeration compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Currently holding or willing to obtain RETA and/or ASTI certification.
- 2 years’ experience in refrigeration operations and maintenance preferred
- 4+ years ammonia (NH3) experience
- Mechanical aptitude, resourcefulness, and troubleshooting skills a necessity.
- Heavy Duty Diesel / Power Generation experience preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of a PSM regulated facility.
- Able to work fluctuating shifts structured around a 24hour production schedule as needed.
- Ability to work efficiently in fast past environment with little direct supervision.
- Capable of communicating and working closely with Production and other plant departments.
- Must be willing to actively participate and follow all PSM compliance regulations/requirements.
- An enthusiasm to assist in other plant projects and grow with the facility.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure, 12 or more hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Must be willing and able to work with other departments in a team atmosphere.
- Must be willing and able to live and work in confined quarters in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must always be professional and represent Icicle with the highest standards.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Must be able to work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day in wet, cold conditions. There are areas within the plant that contain moving and loud machinery, and hearing protection and other safety and protective equipment is required.
- Depending on experience.
- Transportation, room, board, and laundry included.
- Excellent benefits.