Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
REFRIGERATION MECHANIC at Naknek, AK
REFRIGERATION MECHANIC sought for Alaska salmon plant in Naknek, AK. This facility is an ammonia refrigeration plant with an excess of 10,000 pounds of ammonia and falls under a PSM plan. The work schedule is typically 12 hours per day, 7 days per week. Additional work may be required during peak season. Housing, meals, and transportation provided. Wage 35.00 an hour which works out to be approximately 500.00 a day
Must have skills/competencies in the following areas of responsibility:
- Minimum of five years working as a refrigeration mechanic in a food processing plant.
- Has experience working under a PSM plan.
- Working knowledge of North Star ice machines and refrigeration compressors – both electric and diesel driven.
- Basic electrical troubleshooting.
- Maintenance and repair of pumps, compressors, and related machinery.
- Lathe and mill experience sufficient to manufacture shafts and bore/broach couplings, gears, etc.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Willing and able to live and work in a drug-free environment.
- Willing and able to work seven days a week during the duration of the season.
Successful candidates bring a wide range of problem-solving abilities to contribute to a production-intensive team environment. We also pay to ship your hand tools to the worksite and back.