Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
REFRIGERATION MECHANIC at Humboldt, TN
Bongards is looking for a driven and dedicated individual to join our team as a Refrigeration Mechanic. The refrigeration mechanic will perform work involving pipe- fitting, insulation, repairing and or replacing malfunctioning parts, and troubleshooting the ammonia system and all associated equipment.
- Program and maintain Ammonia Screw Compressors (Installed new 2018).
- Setup program to compressors on off sifts or weekends.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Miura Boilers to insure constant steam pressures throughout plant.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Glycol system.
- Maintain and troubleshoot air compressors.
- Maintain and troubleshoot DAF system (Waste water).
- Wraps pipes in insulation and secures in place.
- Studies blueprints to determine configuration of cooling equipment.
- Inspects inoperative equipment to locate source of trouble.
- Discusses cooling system malfunctions with users to isolate problems to verify
- Inspects and tests system to verify system compliance with plans and specifications.
- Adjusts system controls to settings recommended by manufacture to balance system.
- Installs components to cooling system such as expansion and discharge valves.
- Tests pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks using soap and water solution.
- Assembles, positions, and mounts cooling equipment following blueprints.
- Disassembles systems, cleans, and oils parts.
- Replaces or adjust defective or worn parts to repair system.
- Cuts, bends, threads, and connects pipe to functional components of the refrigeration system.
- Installs expansion and control valves, using acetylene torch and wrenches.
- Brazes or solders parts to repair defective joints or leaks.
- Fabricates and assembles components and structural portions or refrigeration system, using hand tools, powered tools, and welding equipment.
- Keeps records of repairs and replacements made in accordance with the PSM.
- Maintain all preventive maintenance activities on all ammonia equipment.
- Dismantles malfunctioning systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment.
- Repairs or replaces defective equipment, components, or wiring.
- Tests electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Fabricates, assembles, and installs duct work using portable metal-working tools and welding equipment.
- Cuts and drills holes in floors, walls, and roof to install equipment, using power saws and drills.
- Measures, cuts, threads, and bends pipe or tubing, using pipefitter’s tools.
- Reassembles equipment and starts unit to test operation.
- Must report all food safety and quality concerns to immediate supervisor or their designated replacement.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor or lead person.
Must comply with all general safety policies and procedures in accordance with Company, Local, State and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to employee and food safety.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to wear a respirator.