Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Refrigeration Equipment Operator at Orrtanna PA
Operates, monitors, inspects, repairs and conducts preventive maintenance of refrigeration equipment and associated support systems. Responsible for cold storage rooms, controlled atmosphere (CA) rooms and/or freezer facilities, compressors, evaporators, chillers, and associated mechanical equipment. Directs and coordinates activities in assigned area. Conducts daily equipment checks. Records temperatures, pressures and other process information for daily reports. Maintains equipment logbooks and specialized equipment check sheets. Requests work order generation for required equipment repairs. Trains personnel in repair of refrigeration equipment. Completes appropriate paperwork. Must be available for all shifts, as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
(Performs other assignments or duties as required.)
- Operates, monitors, inspects, repairs and conducts preventive maintenance of refrigeration equipment and associated support systems. Responsible for cold storage rooms, controlled atmosphere (CA) rooms and/or freezer facilities, compressors, evaporators, chillers, and associated mechanical equipment. Must be available for all shifts as required.
- Conducts daily equipment checks. Records temperatures, pressures and other process information for daily reports. Maintains equipment logbooks and specialized equipment check sheets.
- Operates computerized cold storage control systems in order to printout daily reports, display room conditions (temperature, CO2/O2 levels).
- Ensures safe shutdown and safety lockout/tagout of all equipment with tags and individual locks prior to test and repair of equipment. Conducts test checks following repair of equipment and returns equipment to operational state.
- Requests work order generation for required equipment repairs. Responds to preventive maintenance work orders on a monthly basis.
- Trains personnel in repair of refrigeration equipment.
- Writes up required paperwork for work orders and to order parts for equipment repairs.
- Cleans up all tools and parts after work has been completed.
- Reports any Food Quality or Food Safety issues to the Supervisor immediately.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
- Tears down and reassembles refrigeration equipment off-season and conducts preventive maintenance parts inspections.
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND SAFETY GEAR
- Operates O2 tester, hygrometer, and electronic thermometer for apple core temperature readings.
- Operates scissors-lift for access to equipment in cold storage rooms.
- Uses hand tools for equipment repair. Employee provides hand tools used in regular daily operations.
- Uses micrometers and other calibration equipment.
- Wears insulated gloves and jacket for work in cold storage or freezer.
- Uses respirator and SCBA as required.
- Operates forklift and scissors-lift.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Requirements listed represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability, physical demands and work environments required to perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires High School Degree, GED or equivalent job experience. Requires completion of RETA Course Books 1,2,3,4.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to one-on-one and in group situations. Ability to train. English required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of complex variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to use reasoning to efficiently diagnosis problems and find solutions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk between the locations of refrigeration equipment. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms to operate valves; climb or balance on ladders; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in and around condensers, evaporators, chillers, and other refrigeration equipment
The employee must frequently lift up to 50 pounds and move more than 100 pounds when handling pumps and compressor heads. Specific vision abilities required by this job include near vision, distance vision and depth perception. The employee must be able to hear alarms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold in the cold storage room and freezer facilities. The employee frequently works in high places while climbing ladders to perform condenser checks. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions while on the roof servicing refrigeration equipment. The employee is regularly exposed to potential hazards from ammonia.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Must wear all personal protective equipment applicable to department.
Ability to work all shifts and changing times within shift.
Ability to maintain attention to detail to recognize a hazardous situation and to respond appropriately.
Certified by Knouse Foods as a forklift driver. Must watch safety video and pass written and driving test, on a regular basis.
Must be face fit-tested, complete training, and pass physical fitness exam by designated physician when required to wear a respirator or SCBA.
Must successfully complete HAZWOPER annual training.
Must complete all safety, Food Safety, Food Quality, GMP, and policy training as required.
|Organization / Company|