Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Quality Assurance Technician at Corona, CA
Employment Type Full-Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Essential duties and responsibilities include the following and other duties may be assigned
• Provide support to the plant operations on quality and food safety matters
• Daily startup checks of scales, metal detectors, product codes, scale weights.
• Take line samples and environmental monitoring swabs (as applicable).
• Strict adherence to GMP’s and SSOP monitoring activities
• Conduct QC checs on finished product and monitor weights and other pre-requisite program monitoring activities. o Perform temperature checks o Ensure traceability is maintained
• Inspect samples of incoming materials
• Assure specifications are met before shipments are accepted
• Submit Samples to outside labs for appropriate analysis
• Maintain files on samples tested
• Perform varied in-house analysis • Isolate extraneous material found in products, inform departments involved and maintain a record of the events
• Perform corrective actions in a timely manner to prevent occurrence of non-conformity(s)
• Issue “Hold” and “Approved” tickets on materials
• Maintain close communication with Quality Director and Supervisor. Report and document observations involving quality issues.
• Any additional duties as needed
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
• Bilingual (English – Spanish) is a must
• Must have basic computer skills (to include typing, Excel, Word and use of e-mail)
• Must work well in team settings and work with various different departments (operations, maintenance, outside vendors)
• Must be a good communicator
• Must have basic math skills and be comfortable using a scale, ruler, calculator, thermometers, and other lab equipment (with training)
• Must be able to follow basic direction and able to formulate decisions based on company specifications.
• Must be comfortable identifying differences based off given specifications and notifying management when such differences are found
• Must have legible handwriting, be able to keep documentation organized and work conscientiously with high attention to detail, some filing necessary
• Responsibilities include the use of titrators, moisture analyzer, microbiological swabs and sampling tools
Plant contains several allergens which this position will be subject to. Allergens include but are not limited to: Wheat, Soy, Barely, Sesame, Treenuts
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The individual must be available to work 5 days per week.
Will work in a mostly indoor manufacturing environment and occasionally in an outdoor environment in varying temperature levels.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud, however louder noise levels may be experienced in when production is occurring or when maintenance work is being performed. Environmental conditions include exposure to elevated surfaces, vibration, moving objects, noise, slippery floors, electrical hazards, heat, and mechanical hazards.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer, requirements of the job or work conditions change.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Basic math skills
• Good communication skills both verbal and written
• Able to speak and write in Spanish.
• Food manufacturing experience preferred.
• Some food certification is a plus
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
• Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
• Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k).
• Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
• Balance: paid time off
|Organization / Company|