Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Quality Assurance Manager at Portland OR
Alpenrose Dairy, a 100 year old iconic Portland brand, is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager. This position will be working in our Dairy Plant and will be responsible for document control, audits, analytical testing, and root cause analyses on quality issues.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining Alpenrose quality systems. This position is integral for ensuring the production of safe, quality food in compliance with all State, Federal and 3rd party requirements.
Join us as we propel our brand into the next 100 years!
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring Alpenrose produces safe, quality and legal food.
- Lead Alpenrose Laboratory operations and staff.
- Organize the training of Quality Assurance staff.
- HACCP team lead.
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) as well as an SQF Practitioner.
- Lead Federal, State, Organic, GFSI and customer audits of the facilities and records.
- Administer food safety system Verification and Validation exercises.
- Administer Annual Internal Audits.
- Perform verification procedures of Preventive Control, CCP and prerequisite program records.
- Administer laboratory Proficiency testing.
- Maintain Alpenrose’s NCIMS certification.
- Be our Lead NCIMS Industrial Supervisor (IS).
- Maintain Alpenrose’s Organic Certification registration paperwork.
- Submit Process Changes, label changes and new products to Organic CB.
- Maintain Alpenrose’s FDA Food Facility Registration.
- Lead Recall/Trace-back coordinator.
- Perform annual Food Defense assessment.
- Coordinate Security Penetration Tests.
- Maintain HACCP program.
- Lead Food Safety team.
- Conduct Monthly Food Safety meetings and issue Food Safety reports
- Draft and Administer Food Safety Policies.
- Maintain and Administer Operations Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Sanitation Standard Operating
- Procedures (SSOP’s) system.
- Work with operations departments to develop master processing and traceability documentation.
- Oversee SBF Pest Control Program.
- Administer Alchemy employee food safety training system.
- Draft and maintain documents critical to SBF’s Quality Program.
- Review high risk processing records and microbiological results for the release of finished product.
- Conduct root cause analysis to determine corrective actions/response to process related customer complaints.
- Setup, analyze and report microbiological and chemical testing for raw milk, finished products, environmental and water samples.
- Conduct research and development of new raw materials, product formulations, new test methods, and equipment.
- Lead Label Committee conduct regulatory label review of class I and class II products.
- Create and manage annual Quality Assurance laboratory budget.
- Organize annual vitamin assay of vitamin fortified SBF products.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures, and business ethics.
- Work cooperatively with management & colleagues.
- Maintain accurate and up to date knowledge of Dairy industry changes.
- Maintain a clean and neat work area.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSCPA) certified
- HACCP Certified
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to communicate effectively with management & colleagues
- Must have advanced computer/data entry skills and advanced skills in Microsoft office products
- Must have a bachelors of science degree in microbiology or related field
- 5 years of experience within the food industry
- Detailed understanding of HACCP, State and Federal regulations/requirements of GFSI certification
- Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Frequently lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift up to 100 pounds
- Must be able to stand/sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to operate a computer
- Must be able to work in varying heating/cooling conditions (30-90° F)
Perks and Benefits:
- Excellent Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401k benefits.
- Mobile phone stipend and company provided laptop.
- Employee pricing for the home delivery service.
- Monthly lunch truck at the office.
- PTO and Paid Holidays
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of allpossible job responsibilities and tasks. Some individual responsibilities and tasks may differ from those outlined aboveas other responsibilities and tasks may be assigned at the sole discretion of management.
|Organization / Company|