Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Quality Assurance Manager at Milford, IA
Land Mark Products Inc.
For over 40 years, Land Mark Products has been operating, manufacturing, and distributing pizza and sandwich solutions for the retail and foodservice industries. Found right here in the heart of the Iowa Great Lakes, our 150,000 sq ft manufacturing plant is just 1 miles west of Milford.
Job Title :
Quality Assurance Manager
The QA Manager is responsible for implementing and following all food safety, quality assurance, labeling, and SQF policies and procedures along with management of staffing.
- Responsible for the safety for all employees under their supervision by conducting safety orientation and training of employees, enforce safe work practices, correct unsafe conditions, prevent lingering unsafe or unhealthful workplace conditions or hazards
- Oversees internal activities related to food safety, product quality, microbiological performance crieteria, finished products, SQF and HACCP systems, government regulatory compliance (including FDA, USDA and CFIA), inspection criteria and customer complaint investigation and response.
- Supervises and assists with programs to include environmental monitoring, recall administration, good manufacturing programs and sanitation standard operating procedures.
- Routes, investigates trends and closes all customer complaint issues.
- Oversees product and retail labeling program.
- Ensures all personnel are trained on food safety and quality related items.
- Works as a liaison for plant audits and USDA inspections.
- Provide technical support for plant.
- Ensures that all company standards and government regluations are met.
- Performs monthly audits of manufacturing and warehouse locations at facility, along with allergen and HACCP
- Assists with development, implementation and administration of new and existing QA policies.
- SQF Practioner – manage SQF system and have an understanding of SQF Code and requirements to maintain system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and or/ Experience
- Education and/or Experience. Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four-year college or university along with four to six years related supervisory experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in the food Industry.
- Communication/Language Skills. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) is a must. Ability to read and comprehend documents, simple instructions and product labels.
- Technical Competencies. Experience & knowledge in MS Office products (Excel & Word) and SAGE preferred.
- Certifications. Forklift and palate jack certification preferred.
- Mathematical Skills. Strong analytical skills with the ability to calculate figures and amounts along with performing basic math functions
- Reasoning Abilities. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Strong analytical skills with ability to identify opportunities.
• Health, Dental, Life, LTD Insurance
• Paid Holidays • Paid Personal Time Off (PTO)
• Paid Holiday Bonus • 401(k) Retirement
• Flexible Spending Account Can also apply at www.lmpinc.com/careers.
Send resumes to 1007 Okoboji Ave., PO Box 188, Milford, IA 51351 Call 1-800- 338-4340 or 712-338-2771 for any questions.
Job Type: Full-time