Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Preventative Maintenance at Caledonia MI
The maintenance technician class C position is responsible for performing preventative maintenance and basic repairs of production and facilities equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform repairs including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and troubleshooting of production and facilities equipment.
- Read and interpret work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties. Must provide own tools per list to be supplied.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Technical Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Results Driven.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Job Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years industrial maintenance.
- Basic understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanics
- Comfortable with computers
- Capable of operating hand, power and specialized tools
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Team player and willing to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- High school diploma or GED
- Some technical or college training a plus
JELD-WEN is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. To ensure the safety and health of our employees, JELD-WEN maintains a drug-free work environment.