Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Office Manager at Wood River AK
Responsible for all administrative and accounting operations performed at the Wood River facility. The Office Manager is responsible for managing an office staff of 1-4 people. Position is year-round with approximately 3-4 months on site in Alaska. Hours vary with time of year and amount of production. Reports to the Plant Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise all office and clerical functions and personnel including payroll, purchasing, and production accounting.
- Oversee day-to-day accounting, transactions, reconciliations, and outside reporting to ensure company procedures and policies are being followed.
- Maintain accurate records of all production produced and shipped daily.
- Ensure the plant’s bi‑weekly payroll is completed accurately and on a timely basis as required.
- Ensure accurate reporting of daily fish purchases and daily preparation of fish tickets.
- Assist in the coordination of fishermen’s resale, services, and tender deliveries.
- Oversee purchasing, shipping and receiving, and inventory records and documentation.
- Relay information in a timely manner to the Corporate Office, Plant Manager, and other company locations as required.
- Administer all communication systems (internet, PC network, UHF, VHF, telephones, and satellite radio).
- Other tasks as assigned by the Plant Manager and/or requested by the Corporate Office.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with accounting, data and administrative management principles and practices.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must be able to work independently requiring little supervision.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Maintain a congenial rapport with fishermen and buyers.
- Numerical aptitude and 10-key by touch.
- Energetic and efficient: Must be able to work 12 or more hours per day, 7 days a week in fast paced environment.
- Payroll experience required.
- Previous bookkeeping experience required
- Previous seafood experience recommended but not required
- Must be able to live and work in remote locations and confined quarters.
- Satisfactory completion of drug screen test.
Must be able to work 7 days a week, 12-16 hours a day in a fast-paced office environment. There are areas within the plant that contain moving and loud machinery, and hearing protection and other safety and protective equipment is required.
- Depending on experience.
- Salary, OT Exempt.
- Transportation, room, and board included.
- Excellent benefits.