Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Mechanic (3-5 years experience) at Portland OR
Wages: $30-$36 per hour (based on practical experience and skills). Requires a minimum of 3-5 years of experience with diesel trucks. Additional wage available and negotiable based on experience.
Schedule: Full-time, swing shift schedule. 4-10’s, Monday through Thursday or Tuesday through Friday. Hours: 1:00 pm-11:30pm (12pm-10:30pm on Fridays). Some overtime required. Holidays worked on a rotational basis with other team members. Our equipment includes garbage collection trucks (diesel and CNG) and heavy equipment/yellow iron for our transfer station.
Skills we require
- Team player with a positive attitude
- CDL Class A or B license must be obtained within 6 months of hire. We will help with the training and provide a testing vehicle
- Technical training certification preferred. "Real world" experience can be applicable.
- Basic computer skills needed
- Certification to perform DOT inspections
- Air brake certification
- Knowledge of the following software is a plus: Alison Doc, Cummins InSite & quick serve, Bendix and Meritor/Wabco.
- Must be knowledgeable in all phases of heavy equipment, truck maintenance & repair.
- Job requires extensive work with electrical, hydraulic, brake and air systems.
- Must have an adequate complement of own tools.
- Knowledge in air, hydraulic and electrical systems with ability to read schematics.
- Routine maintenance and repairs to trucks, equipment, and other company vehicles (Jeeps and pick-up truck).
- Perform repairs on Hydraulics systems, air brake and truck air operated systems, cooling systems, drive train, engines, suspensions, body, and arms.
- Perform services and inspections including DOT & CNG
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance to Pride policies and OSHA standards
- Use provided safety equipment while performing services and repairs on trucks and equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate regarding necessary repairs on trucks and equipment
- Job requires strenuous physical work to include lifting 50 plus pounds, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling in sometimes awkward or tight positions while handling greasy or dirty parts or tools.
- Work environment may be in shop, transfer station, outside of shop, or on a road call.
Pride Disposal Company supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment drug screening. Random drug screens are also done on a quarterly basis.
- Medical, Dental, Vision. Monthly premium is paid by the company for the employee and their dependents. Medical starts on the 1st of the month, following date of hire.
- 401k and profit-sharing plan
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacations (starting with 2 weeks)
- Paid sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Company provides continuing education at no cost to the employee
- Wages: $30-$36+ / hour – negotiable based on experience.
Our company application must be completed to be considered for this job. Please do not just send your resume. Application can be found here. Completed applications can be emailed, faxed (503-625-6179), or delivered to our office. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8-4:30, located at 13980 SW Tualatin Sherwood Road, Sherwood, Oregon.
Pride Disposal & Recycling Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We believe equity, diversity, and inclusion are critical to our success. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you do not believe you meet every one of our qualifications as described.
|Organization / Company|