Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN at Valencia, CA
Lief Labs is a premier formulation and product development innovator and manufacturer of dietary supplements. Our in-house Product Development and R&D team create the best-tasting and most cutting-edge formulations of supplements. Lief also houses a state-of-the-art, full-service Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) manufacturing facility, which offers custom solutions for a multitude of supplement categories. Lief collaborates with entrepreneurial firms to help them build premier brands. Our turnkey solutions allow us to engage in seamless partnerships that help brands with scalability and sustainable growth. The company is based in Valencia, CA.
The Maintenance Technician III is responsible for the support of production equipment and other facility assets. This Technician must be able to perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot, maintain and repair operating equipment during production and breakdowns. In addition, the Maintenance Technician will work with others to achieve plant business objectives of safety, productivity, customer service, quality, cost and environmental protection.
- Inspect the integrity of the equipment and determine potential equipment failures and report area of concerns and determination for corrective action to the maintenance lead and / or supervisor
- Inspect and determine corrective action on equipment issues that are an employee and / or a food safety hazard.
- Inspect process and utilities equipment, to determine ways to increase proficiency and lower cost.
- Perform advanced maintenance duties.
- Maintain, operate and diagnose process equipment.
- Maintain, operate and diagnose equipment associated with plant utilities.
- Maintain, operate and diagnose PLC programs specific to equipment and process applications, with a focus on increasing line proficiency.
- Respond to maintenance calls to the floor.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks as scheduled and / or assigned.
- Complete work order tasks as scheduled and / or assigned.
- Good attendance is a must and must be flexible to work overtime including weekends.
- Ability to work on and around ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Ability to work on Electrical, Plumbing, Pneumatic, and Mechanical Systems.
- Ability to use and operate hand tools, power tools.
- Ability to use Electrical diagnostic tools (multi-meter, insulation checker, amp meter, oscilloscope.)
- Ability to read and understand technical documents, drawings, and blueprints.
- Strong electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills required
- Operate equipment necessary to verify proper repairs, modifications, and operation training.
- Maintain all required records and documents.
- Keep work area clean and free of clutter and debris.
- Follow all food safety (GMP) and safety guidelines.
- Attend GMP & Safety Meetings.
- Take out maintenance shop trash and keep locker area clean.
- Keep personal tools cleaned, maintained and kept.
- Coordinate between maintenance and production to complete tasks in a timely manner, so as not to comprise employee and product safety.
- Initiate and provide competent coverage in absence of Maintenance Lead.
The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted, and ventilated. Noise levels are considered low to moderate. Field conditions vary. Exposed to various raw materials, including allergens (i.e., milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nut, peanuts, wheat, soy).
High School Diploma/Equivalent or Trade school certification or a combination of education
- Minimum of 7 years related experience or training
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Manufacturing of powders/capsules/tablets
- Previous experience maintaining, operating, and diagnosing PLC programs specific to equipment and process applications.
- Strong knowledge in lockout/tagout procedures.
- Previous experience working in manufacturing industry.
- Working knowledge of Asset Operations Management system (Upkeep).
- Understanding of and familiar with current Good Manufacture Practices (cGMP) and current Good Documentation Practices (cGDP).
- PLC / Electronics Certification a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and perform repairs
- Understands electrical, mechanical, fluid power and control systems
- Knowledge of controls and PLC troubleshooting
- Demonstrated ability to perform electronic, mechanical, and hydraulic repairs.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools and specialized tools as appropriate
- Basic Microsoft Office knowledge and/or Computerized Maintenance Management System knowledge desired
- Quality Orientation
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to bend, crawl, sit, talk, move about, hear and speak. May be required to work in restricted spaces and/or under difficult lighting and access conditions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-50 pounds and be able to use appropriate support equipment to lift and move greater amounts. Must be able to stand for approximately 8 hours.
Must be able to work independently, in a team environment, and drive projects to solutions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to use properly use such safety equipment as is appropriate to the work to prevent injury to self or others.
The Salary Range for this position at Lief Labs is $23 -35 hourly (USD). Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to market demands, experience, training, skills, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, wellness benefits, education reimbursement program, and PTO. This position is bonus eligible.
Lief is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request accommodation, contact the Lief Human Resources department.
Lief will consider employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.