Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN at Tualatin OR
For more than 20 years, Pacific Nutritional Foods, Inc. (PNF) has focused intensively and exclusively on one main philosophy: We place the highest priority on meeting and exceeding customers’ expectations. At PNF, we aim to promote a healthy and nutritious diet to be enjoyed by our customers, while ensuring the safety of food products we supply.
We are one of the few companies in the world that manufactures long shelf life tofu products.
From the point of view of the expanding health food market and securing of food resources, now more than ever, soy is gaining the attention as a meat alternative.
Our goal is to provide quality products, meet demands, and exceed our customers’ expectations all over the world so that consumers can enjoy our soy products.
PNF is seeking three Maintenance Technicians. These positions will work Monday through Friday.
The Maintenance Tech performs maintenance in our aseptic food manufacturing facility. Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment.
* Locate, troubleshoot, and repair defective equipment in a timely manner.
* Ensure that repair work has not interfered with production by observing production after making repairs and/or troubleshooting.
* Carry out assigned corrective and preventive maintenance tasks.
* Confer with Maintenance Manager on a daily basis to coordinate and prioritize work activities.
* Follow established maintenance procedures and techniques when working on machinery and equipment, working safely, in a timely manner, and following all GMPs and SOPs.
* Work with the preventive maintenance program to ensure good production efficiencies and quality, following SOPs and LOTO procedures.
* Maintain documentation of work performed; work with Maintenance Clerk to manage the parts using Work order system.
* Ensure proper care and maintenance of tools, parts and equipment.
* Adhere to all safety, GMP, allergen and chemical control programs.
* Availability to cover scheduled and unscheduled shift assignments; work overtime if required, sometimes on short notice, and occasional weekend work.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 3 years’ maintenance experience in food manufacturing, dairy industry or similar. Prior experience in aseptic manufacturing environment is desirable.
* Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills.
* Must research repair methods by checking equipment manuals and searching the internet as needed.
* Experience with pneumatics, hydraulics, motors, pumps and gearbox repairs desired.
* Ability to troubleshoot electrical, pneumatic, packaging equipment, pumps, motors, experience in 480 3 phase, PLC, HMI, boiler, ammonia, heat exchangers, steam, air compressors, homogenizers, printers, labelers, process controls, valves, actively participating in PM program, predictive and preventive maintenance mindset.
* Strong organizational, prioritization, and decision-making skills.
* Teamwork, creativity, and problem analysis skills.
* Experience with Tetra Pak fillers, dairy process equipment, boilers, ammonia, and sanitary air.
* Solid written and verbal communication skills.
* Basic math skills.
* Basic computer skills including basic understanding of MS Office programs (Excel, Word, and Outlook) in a Windows environment.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak English at a level sufficient to effectively communicate with other employees, understand and communicate safety and operational matters, and understand HACCP and SQF requirements applicable to the entire facility.
* Good time management, communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
* Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates positive working relationships with customers, vendors, co-workers and management.
* High level of confidentiality and discretion.
* Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed.
Some job duties will be performed in the maintenance shop. Most duties will be performed in the Production area. In this case, heavy equipment and moving parts are present. Potential hazards involving this job are:
* Risk of electrical shock.
* Exposure to toxic and caustic chemicals.
* Fumes and other airborne particles.
* Moderate to loud noises.
* Risk of burns from pressurized steam sources and hot pipes.
* Risk of slips or strains.
The following physical demands are representative of what is required by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job during a typical workday. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Refer to following:
* Reaching above shoulder level - Frequently (34%-66%)
* Stooping - Frequently (34%-66%)
* Working in kneeling position - Frequently (34%-66%)
* Crawling - Occasionally (0-33%)
* Climbing stairs - Frequently (34%-66%)
* Climbing ladders - Frequently (34%-66%)
* Climbing inclines - Frequently (34%-66%)
* Climbing while carrying objects - Frequently (34%-66%)
* Standing - Continuously (67%+)
* Walking - Frequently (34%-66%)
* Sitting - Occasionally (0-33%)
* Pushing or pulling - Frequently (34%-66%)
* Twisting - Frequently (34%-66%)
* Bending - Frequently (34%-66%)
* Working in tight spaces - Occasionally (0-33%)
* Constant lifting: <1 hour/day, 20-50 pounds
* Interrupted lifting: <1 hour/day, 20-50 pounds
* Lifting above shoulder level: <1 hour/day, 20-100 pounds
* May drive personal vehicle to pick up parts, supplies
* May drive forklift
* Working near hazardous equipment
* May walk on uneven ground
* May occasionally walk at heights
Please submit your resume and our job application (available at https://www.pnfinc.com/careers) to be considered for this position.
Pacific Nutritional Foods is an equal opportunity employer. A pre-employment background check and drug screen are required.
PNF offers competitive benefits and salary and offers 100% paid medical, vision & dental for employee coverage. Benefits begin on the first day of the month following 60 days of employment.
To keep employees safe, PNF provides hand sanitizer, hand washing stations, gloves, masks, and other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). We require everyone to wear a mask and maintain 6 feet of separation when possible.