Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN at Santa Maria, CA
Fresh Venture Foods, a fresh-cut produce processing facility located in Santa Maria, California is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician who can work a flexible work schedule. The ideal candidates will have strong electrical and mechanical experience in a manufacturing plant. Primary responsibilities will be troubleshooting electrical issues, and adjusting, repairing, maintaining and PMs of equipment. PLC troubleshooting experience is highly recommended, including VFDs, packaging equipment, three phase and single phase motors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues and equipment breakdowns.
- Effectively support the PM program while keeping downtime to a minimum.
- Performs preventative and repair maintenance on production equipment
- May work with refrigeration systems for both ammonia and glycol systems.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
- Records preventative maintenance tasks and work orders in timely manner.
- Completes work orders and responds to maintenance calls on the production floor in timely manner to prevent downtime
- Maintains neat and orderly work area; properly maintains tools.
- Installing, maintaining, repairing, and overhauling production equipment. Installing and maintaining electrical equipment/controls, circuits and PLC.
- Troubleshooting and identifying worn parts and rebuilding machine assemblies, pumps, meters, valves, valve actuators and other equipment.
- Work with a CMMS to enter and track work orders.
- Safe handling and use of various chemicals with strict adherence to hazardous communication and SDS requirements.
- Follow all safety procedures and participate in safety training. Maintain safe and efficient use of equipment, tools, and person.
- Support, and comply with all quality management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety, employee safety, preventative maintenance programs and GMPs.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent. Two years or more Technical School education preferred and/or professional certification.
- Must have 5 or more years of related experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- PLC (Allen Bradely) experience is highly recommended.
- Experience using CMMS.
- Strong motor controls and electrical troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge in NFPA 70E regulations
- Basic computer knowledge.
Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, over-time, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Knowledge of pneumatic, mechanical & electro - mechanical systems and practical knowledge of plant electrical/mechanical systems.
- Must be able to meet reliability standards and work on weekends, over-time and on holidays as necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand for a prolonged time, walk, and sit. The employee is often required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Exposure to food manufacturing environment and cold (34◦F - 36◦F) and wet conditions.
Selected applicant must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, company paid life, AD&D with a buy-up option, long-term supplemental disability insurance, Critical Illness and Accident insurance, EAP, paid time off, 401 (K) with 4 % employer match.
Fresh Venture Foods is an Equal Opportunity employer