Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Maintenance Technician-Refrigeration at Akron, NY
Repairs/maintains ammonia refrigeration system, boilers, production equipment, HVAC systems and related equipment including, glycol, chilled water, brine and steam systems. Repairs/maintains facilities, production support systems. May be required to manually move large equipment or components from one area of the plant to another. This person will be a member of in plant HAZMAT team and an active member of the PSM Team along with willingness to obtain RETA, CARO or CIRO certification. Willing to be trained in the importance of Critical Control Points (CCPs) and upon completion of the training, demonstrate knowledge of the CCP'S.
- CARO or CIRO Certification preferred
- Stationary Engineers License preferred.
- PLC experience a plus.
- Demonstrable experience with steam plant operations
- HAZMAT training.
- Support the production of safe, high quality products and team member safety
- Complies with all Safety, GMP, PSM and RMP regulations.
- Ability to pass a HAZMAT physical.
- Prepares requisitions for materials/parts required to complete work orders.
- Creates work orders, closes them when complete, and accounts for time spent on tasks in our computerized Maint. Management System.
- Follows all company rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintains membership and training in the company emergency response team as outlined by OSHA, 29 CFR 1910.120 (HAZMAT)
- Must be forklift certified or obtain the qualification within the probationary period.
- Valid New York State Driver's License.
- Availability to work a variable schedule on occasion to cover other team member time off.
In order to receive an interview for this position, ALL of the below requirements must be met:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to push, pull, climb, and squat, bend frequently throughout the shift
- Perform basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers and with decimals and fractions.
- Perform basic measurements (tape measures, levels, calipers, micrometers)
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Physically able to wear a respirator and maintain a Hazmat certification
- Basic computer keyboarding skills & touchscreen technology
- Proficient with basic hand tools and power tools
- Able to work at heights using ladders, platforms or mechanical lifts using OSHA required fall protection
- Can work on extreme temperatures ranging -300 F to 1200 F
- Tolerance of variable work environment both indoor and outdoor in conditions that vary based on location and season
- Basic mechanical skills for machine disassembly and reassembly
- NYS approved apprenticeship or 2-year degree in HVAC & Refrigeration (military schooling is acceptable) or a verifiable trade school.
- Minimum of 3 years refrigeration experience with multiple gases
- Able to draw basic circuits & capable of reading blue prints and schematics
- Proficient with electricians tools and test equipment (including multi meters, meggers)
- Familiarity with the Basics of Fluid Control (such as pumps)
- Pipe fitting
- Proficient with refrigeration equipment (including gauges, vacuum pumps)
- Experience with electrical control circuits and 3-phase power up to 480 volts
- Experience with steam plant operations
- Able to handle chemicals, paints, solvents and exposure to environmental allergens.
SHIFT: [2nd Shift / 3pm to 11:30pm / Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday] - Additional days or overtime as required to complete the daily demands and training or
[3rd Shift / 11:00pm to 7:30AM / Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday] - Additional days or overtime as required to complete the daily demands and training