Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Maintenance Technician at Newport News, VA
Position Summary: Repairs and maintains production equipment consisting of components such as hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics, and general mechanical
Plant Environment: The plant work environment will expose the employee to loud noise, food grade dust & odors, moving & vibrating machinery, heavy equipment, powered industrial trucks, heights, traffic, anhydrous ammonia, oil, electricity. The employee may be exposed to adverse weather conditions including extreme cold (50 degrees F), heat (80 degrees F), rain, snow, dust, smoke and odors.
Maintenance Department/Shop environment has dust, grease and dirt along with fumes from cutting, grinding and welding. Allergens found inside the plant include: fish, shellfish, nuts, eggs, wheat, soy, milk and coconut. Position assists various levels of management from VP to 1st Line Supervisor to assure training, understanding and compliance to Health, Safety, and Environmental regulations.
Allergens found inside the plant include: fish, shellfish, nuts, eggs, wheat, soy, milk and coconut. Position assists various levels of management from VP to 1st Line Supervisor to assure training, understanding and compliance to Health, Safety, and Environmental regulations.
• Oils and greases production equipment, as necessary, to keep the equipment functioning optimally.
• Troubleshoots and repairs production equipment malfunctions reported to maintenance by line supervisors.
• Inspects and maintains all production equipment as necessary and as scheduled.
• Operates drills, saws, grinders, welding apparatus, presses and a variety of manual tools to repair and maintain production equipment.
• Monitors and maintains building and grounds functions such as plumbing, general electrical wiring, and painting.
• Test operates production machinery before and after repairs are made. Machinery including, but not limited to, mixers, saws, conveyors, box makers, sealers, fryers, freezers, Raytheon machine, fork-lifts, separators and baggers. • Responsible for communication of progress of repair work, potential problems and general functioning to line supervisors and incoming maintenance shifts.
• Writes up and submits to proper personnel, requests for parts as necessary to facilitate repairs and maintenance.
• Records and maintains all relevant maintenance work completed and keeps a logbook of daily activities.
• Coordinates maintenance efforts with outside machinery technicians to facilitate expedient and proper repair.
• Makes equipment adjustments as requested by line supervisors to assist machine operators with accurate functioning of precision production equipment.
• High school diploma or GED
• Three or more years of related mechanical experience and/or specific welding, hydraulic, pneumatic or electrical training required.
• Ability to read, speak clearly, and understand detailed written and verbal instructions given in English.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference, and volume and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
• Must be able to follow standardized written directions.
• Must demonstrate ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and smell.
• Frequently required to sit and talk or hear.
• Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must have specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, talk, listen, reach with hands and arms, bend, squat and climb (ladders). The employee is required to use hands to handle, operate, feel objects, tools or controls.
The employee must occasionally lift, push/pull and/or move up to 20 lbs.
The field work environment will expose the employee to loud noise, food grade dust & odors, moving & vibrating machinery, heavy equipment, powered industrial trucks, heights, traffic, anhydrous ammonia, oil and electricity. The employee may be exposed to adverse weather conditions including extreme cold, heat, rain, snow, dust, smoke and odors.
Allergens found inside the plant include: fish, shellfish, nuts, eggs, wheat, soy, milk and coconut
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, or marital status, genetic information or other protected status, covered by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer