Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN at Joplin, MO
Within General Mills, our manufacturing facilities are committed to achieving zero human and food safety incidents and it is every employee’s responsibility to fully support this vision. Skilled Maintenance Technicians are hired as members of a manufacturing production team. They are responsible for the preventative and reactive maintenance of processing and packaging equipment within the manufacturing facility.
The General Mills-Joplin plant operates 24 hours per day 5-7 days per week. Changes in volume and production requirements can result in changes in work schedule and additional overtime. Skilled Maintenance Technicians must be willing to work any shift including nights and weekends. Maintenance Technician positions report directly to the Platform Maintenance Team Leader. The primary focus of this position is to safely provide responsive line maintenance support for all process and packaging equipment while maintaining product quality as well as minimizing downtime. The position also requires the understanding of the proper application of food systems within A.I.B. guidelines.
Compensation: Starting pay rate of $24.55/hour. There is a $0.50 increase after successful completion of 6 month probationary period, and an additional $0.50 increase again to the full rate of $25.55 upon successful completion of 12-month probationary period.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Proficient understanding and practice of all CoHE/LOTO, ARC Flash, and PPE policies.
- Be an active member of the HazMat team
- Understand and apply food system design and comply with A.I.B. guidelines for food safety.
- Follow all SOP’s/GMP’s.
- Complete both mechanical and electrical repairs and troubleshooting as required
- Install, maintain, repair, and replace industrial processing and packaging machinery, work tools and equipment
- Perform welding and fabrication activities
- Provide technical support and plant leadership for equipment troubleshooting and equipment modifications
- Perform both uptime and down time preventative maintenance in adherence to the master PM schedule
- Perform corrective maintenance work orders
- Complete assigned work as scheduled.
- Use Maximo to enter all work with appropriate detail (Parts, Labor, Resources, Description of work).
- Develop, update, and provide feedback for improvement on standard work processes (Example, OPL’s, Job Plans, JTA’s)
- Initiate and participate a in Continuous Improvement initiatives to increase platform performance
- Understand, initiate, and participate in Root Cause Analysis (Why, Why)
- Be an engaged, self-motivated, and active team member.
- Maintain all maintenance shop, metal shop, and associated areas per 5S standards.
- Communicate! Everyone involved must be informed.
- Display a positive attitude towards the company and others.
- Provide training to employees as needed
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Perform additional related tasks as assigned
- Minimum of 3-5 years of previous industrial maintenance work experience.
- Solid understanding of maintenance shop skills with the ability to read schematics, troubleshoot, and work on electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems, working knowledge of PLCs and HVAC systems, and ability to perform welding and fabrication tasks.
- Have understanding of AC and DC electrical theory and have experience in installation and calibration, maintenance and repair, in the following: AC and DC motors and controllers, Work with single and 3-phase, Work with voltage up to 600 volts, VFD’s, Relays and switches, Basic understanding of PLC operations, Electrical components, Systems Troubleshooting, and Blueprint Reading
- Outstanding electrical and mechanical aptitude with applicable, proven maintenance experience. Proven ability to learn, maintain and practice troubleshooting skills, and use test equipment to diagnose to root cause a must.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills
- May be asked to complete the following certifications and must be able to achieve them in a timely manner:
- Confined Space certification
- First Responder Training
- Technicians 24 hour HazMat level response certification
- Technical degree in industrial maintenance or related field
- Continuing education in maintenance/technical skills
- Computer Maintenance Management System experience
- Demonstrated leadership ability
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Must be willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends. Must be willing and able to adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment. Must be willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment.