Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Maintenance Technician II at New Boston MI
The Maintenance Technician II position provides electrical/mechanical support to Champion Foods manufacturing facility in the areas of manufacturing equipment maintenance and repair, and facility/utility maintenance and repair. This position requires competency in the analysis and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment. The Maintenance Technician II employs a positive, professional attitude at all times and communicates effectively in a team environment that includes personnel from management, maintenance, production, sanitation, quality assurance, Etc.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair manufacturing equipment and share knowledge of applicable mechanical concepts/principles to other Maintenance personnel.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair facility and utilities (i.e. compressed air, water boilers, HVAC units and refrigeration systems).
- Help ensure plant and manufacturing equipment are in compliance with all government and local regulations as well as all internal policies including Federal Drug Administration (FDA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), HACCP, OSHA, Good Manufacturing Principles (GMP) and others.
- Provide troubleshooting and repair of facility electrical equipment that includes single phase AC circuits, three-phase AC circuits, DC circuits and Variable frequency drives.
- Resolve hydraulic and pneumatic problems as required.
- Provide technical assistance to reduce /eliminate issues associated with equipment, performance, quality and safety.
- Inform the appropriate facility personnel of any necessary modifications or system malfunctions that would affect their area of operation.
- Perform other and incidental duties as assigned.
- Ensure that production line equipment is left in a functional state for subsequent shifts.
- Perform non-technical assignments as requested by Maintenance Management.
- Maintain tools in good working condition and report damaged tools immediately.
- High school Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of four (4) years of industrial maintenance experience or advanced education in electrical, mechanical, or electronics.
- Knowledge and ability to use gas and electric welding equipment, PC and motor controls.
- Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), OSHA requirements and other applicable and governmental regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical manuals/schematics and P&AID’s
- Ability to obtain the minimum assessment level required for a Maintenance Technician II as established by the maintenance department.
- Ability to work extended hours when necessary.
- Evidence of ability to analyze situations, demonstrate good judgment and make business appropriate decisions.
- Previous experience in a position requiring attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate to a wide variety audience.
- Works in a variety of locations in the building as well as some outside work. Production areas, offices, freezers, common areas, elevators and restrooms, silos, as well as on the roof. Position may require continuous standing, squatting, lifting, sitting, bending and moving of heavy weight (over 50 pounds) material in difficult work positions.
- The ability to work in confined spaces (permit required areas) and complete all height related assignments.