Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Maintenance Technician 2 at Chaska, MN
This position performs process and production maintenance throughout the facility. Maintenance Technician’s responsibilities includes but not be limited to equipment breakdowns, installation and startups, process improvements, preventative/precision maintenance programs and continuous improvements activities i.e. increasing machine reliability and installation of facility capital investments.
Candidates must be a self-starter willing to accept maintenance process responsibility and KPI results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to respond in an efficient and effective manner to urgent production needs related to equipment.
- Ability to read and understand diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications in order to disassemble, repair, replace, rebuild, and install mechanical equipment.
- Basic knowledge, understanding and ability to replace belts, sheaves, chains, sprockets, bearings, lubrication standards, and applications. Able to provide tension and alignment to bearings, pulleys, chain drives, belt drives.
- Basic understanding & knowledge of fasteners, thread types, and proper applications
- Utilize CMMS to support the maintenance function including review, execution, and documentation of scheduled/unscheduled work daily.
- Basic ability to diagnose and repair all mechanical power transmission equipment. Basic knowledge of gear boxes, mechanical drives, variable speed applications, and motors.
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems including cylinders, valves, manifolds, vacuum systems, air filtration and lubrication devices.
- Fundamental understanding of working principles of heat exchangers.
- Use of mechanical tools, hand tools, and power tools. Including the use of precision measurement instruments.
- Ability to demonstrate basic electrical knowledge, including use of a multimeter, test for blown fuse and troubleshoot motor control circuits.
- Basic knowledge of pipe fitting, insulating, rigging applications. Ability to measure, cut, ream, thread, and join various materials of piping.
- Responsible for adhering to all safety policies and procedures, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks. Take personal responsibility to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for everyone.
- Adhere to Quality work practices, follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), maintain sanitary conditions, and ensure that product quality is maintained. Ensure that all policies, procedures, and activities related to Food Safety and Quality are followed and complied with, in effort to reduce process variability.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in industrial operations, plant operations, maintenance, utilities and/or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to do basic math
PERFERED EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE:
- Prior training and education in OSHA 10 Hour, Arc Flash, LOTO, electrical systems and fall protection
- Prior training in operational use of HAZMAT standards
- Prior food manufacturing experience
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Organization / Company|