Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Maintenance Mechanic at Tulare CA
- POSITION SUMMARY: The Maintenance Mechanic position is to provide production line maintenance coverage, perform preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment, and provide TPM support for operators (training).
- Keep line equipment in top condition to support production needs.
- Actively participate in NCE (Nestle Continuous Excellence) including participation on special CI Teams (Continuous Improvement Teams or projects) and support and participate in NQMS (Nestle Quality Management Systems) activities and processes.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide electronic, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic service to assigned production equipment.
- Skills to include welding, electronics, electricity, controls, mechanics, basic fabrication, work order reporting, downtime reporting, communication with peers, leadership, customers and equipment vendors, organization, follow-through, parts usage reporting and excellent interaction skills.
- Progress through the skill based gate ways.
- Certification and Progression through the Maintenance Skill Based Pay System Engagement in Nestle Continuous Excellence Programs with an emphasis on Maintenance Work Groups, Root Cause and Breakdown analysis
- Other duties as assigned.
- QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and follow instructions and correspondences.
- Ability to learn technical terminology.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment failure.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work.
- Must be able to pass a Mechanical Aptitude Test. Good customer service interaction, patient teacher, quick learner, good work ethic.
- Must be able to work overtime including weekends and holidays.
- Helpful Experience: TPM, RCM, PLC Programming, Sanitary Welding, Machine Shop skills, Electrical Construction, and Ammonia Refrigeration EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: HS Diploma/GED required.
- Associates Degree or Technical Certification in related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of food manufacturing maintenance or related maintenance experience preferred.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, climb stairs, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is required to stand; use hands to finger; handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste or smell; and talk or hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The employee is required to work in an environment that may include exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, electricity, and vibrations.
- PPE and training are provided to eliminate/reduce the risk of harm.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- EEO/M/F/D/V POSITION DESCRIPTIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE EXHAUSTIVE LISTS OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS, OR EFFORTS. THEY ARE INTENDED TO BE ACCURATE SUMMARIES OF WHAT THE POSITION INVOLVES AND WHAT IS REQUIRED TO PERFORM IT. The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
- Nestlé USA makes delicious, convenient and nutritious food and beverage products that make good living possible.
- Nestlé S.A., our parent
- Let employers find you
- Let Employers Find You
|Organization / Company|