Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Maintenance Mechanic- Night Shift at Longwood, FL
Salary: $20 – 27/hour, based on experience
Experience & Skills: Welding (Mig, Tig, Stick) Stainless Steel, Carbon, and aluminum preferred. Manufacturing, Industrial maintenance, Pneumatics, conveyors, HVAC all preferred.
Job Summary: Position is responsible for ensuring equipment integrity in a timely manner by installing, maintaining, and repairing machinery, buildings and grounds, pipe, electrical systems, in a commercial and industrial establishment by performing the following but not limited to:
- Support the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program with a goal of continually reducing unscheduled downtime.
- Analyze problems and interpret technical information necessary to make required repairs (troubleshooting issues)
- Perform mechanical, electrical maintenance and repairs on production machinery and facility.
- Inspect, operate and test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and validate work performed.
- Ensure safety by following all company policies including safety rules, procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), personal safety standards, food safety standards as well as OSHA standards.
- Have at least 3+ years’ experience working as a mechanic in a manufacturing environment or food processing environment.
- Complete all assigned work orders within the time allotted.
- Assist with equipment change overs and line startups, helping troubleshoot issues as needed.
- Help identify required parts needed to help keep a healthy parts inventory.
- Perform fabrication by welding SS, and Aluminum as needed.
- Participates in continuous Improvement, also provides suggestions to help improve processes and participates on team projects.
- Additional training or education is preferred.
- Understand and troubleshoot PLC’s
- Understand conveyors and its operations
- Understand electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulics.
- Rebuild defective mixing equipment including roller bearings, pillow block bearings, flange bearings, Transmission shafts, input shafts, counter shaft etc.
- Understand the importance of Lock-out Tag-out procedures and follow them accordingly.
- Be able to repair broken conveyors, belting, brakes, sprockets, chains and small gearboxes.
- Be able to operate basic shop tools such as drills, grinders, jigs, fixtures, torches, and welding equipment.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment on assigned projects/ tasks and report to supervision as needed.
- Be able to work a 10 Hr. Night shift
Education: HS Diploma/GED preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to be able individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to lift 50-80 lbs. Performs highly repetitive motions, stand for 8 plus hours, talk and hear.
- Ability to climb ladders, stairways, use a manlift/scissor lift at ceiling heights or above equipment.
- While performing job duties, the associate will occasionally sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and smell. Occasional exposure to wet and or humid conditions; high, precarious places, outside weather conditions; extreme heat.
- While performing job duties, the associate will frequently walk, use hands to feel or handle, and reach with hands and arms and have frequent exposure to oils, greases, and coolants.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must wear required personal protective equipment (PPE).
David’s Cookies is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training, and all other working conditions.
|Organization / Company|