Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Industrial Refrigeration Technician at Burr Ridge IL
Ability to troubleshoot, maintain and operate various systems and components: industrial ammonia, refrigeration equipment, boilers, hot water and steam systems, fire and ammonia detection systems, glycol and compressed air systems and all components attached to the previous systems.
• Capable of troubleshooting, repairing and overhauling equipment within close tolerances.
• Perform routine electrical and mechanical problem-solving on refrigeration and utility equipment.
• Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM's).
• Support factory by operating and maintaining industrial refrigeration equipment efficiently and safely.
• Document Work Orders (WO) using Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP-PPM Plant Maintenance).
• Effectively communicate with Operators, Peers, Supervisors and all levels of management on a daily basis.
• Provide enthusiastic support where needed and complete other duties as assigned by Team Leader.
• Demonstrate Engagement by being a project lead or CVS.
- Understand and adhere to Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO) Procedures, Confined Space Procedures and all other Plant Safety/Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements related to supporting machinery uptime.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Technical Degree/Trade Certification or 5 plus years equivalent work experience required.
- Associate's Degree in a Technical discipline, preferably in Industrial Maintenance Technology or HVAC.
- Successful completion of Mars Apprenticeship Program
- 5 years or more industrial ammonia experience.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of Electrical, Mechanical drawings and P&IDs.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of industrial ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of steam boilers, heat trace, glycol and air systems.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of HVAC systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot AC/DC Electrical components (up to 480VAC 3 Phase) including motor starters, switches and sensors found on all assigned equipment using basic test equipment such as multi-meters and amp probes.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to support production needs and to conduct multi-task work in a very fast paced work environment
- Willingness to develop required Technical Skills
- Possess an advanced understanding of AC/AC Electrical (up to 480VAC 3 Phase), electrical and mechanical drawings and P&IDs in order to solve problems in a timely manner.
- Possess an advanced understanding of industrial ammonia refrigeration systems to solve problems in a timely manner.
- Possess an advanced understanding of steam boilers, heat trace, glycol and air systems.
- Possess ability to lead projects.
- Possess an understanding of PLC programs.
- Possess an advanced understanding of HVAC systems.
- City of Chicago Boiler license or equivalent, Universal EPA Refrigerant license.
Completion of RETA Operator 1 & 2 courses preferred; In lieu of RETA course - successful completion of industry recognized Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration training (Stellar, Frick, GCAP/Lanier or employer comparable training program), equivalent in scope will be considered.
- RETA CIRO certification preferred
- Required to be trained in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the certification.
- Frequent lifting/carrying (10-50 lbs.).
• Frequent pushing/pulling (50-200 lbs.).
• Frequent handling/gripping/bending/stooping.
• Ability to work at elevated heights off a ladder or platform, climb stairs, leaning over equipment.
• Ability to stand and / or work on feet for extended periods (minimum eight hours in one shift)