Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Industrial Maintenance/Ammonia/Wastewater Technician at St. Joseph, MO
SUMMARY: Performs maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair work including, but not limited to Industrial Ammonia systems, mechanical systems, electrical systems, pneumatic and hydraulic production systems and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. The successful candidate:
- Is able to read and interpret equipment manuals, drawings, schematics, blueprints, and work orders to perform required maintenance.
- Possesses strong understanding of facilities, systems, and component functions and relationships, and is competent in their troubleshooting and repair.
- Performs scheduled maintenance and repairs of NH3 Systems and equipment, as well as Wastewater Systems and equipment, including replacement of failed components such as bearings, belts, motors/compressors, valves and actuators, pumps, and power/control systems.
- Provides emergency repairs on production equipment to keep lines operational at all times.
- Performs scheduled maintenance and repairs of production equipment including replacement of failed components such as bearings, belts, motors, power/control lines, etc.
- Diagnoses problems and failures, and repairs or replaces parts as required.
- Dismantles/disassembles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts, using specifications and/or blueprints, precision measuring instruments, and hand tools.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum five years of experience in an industrial maintenance capacity.
- Minimum two years of experience installing/troubleshooting/repairing Industrial Ammonia systems and Equipment. Operator I Certification preferred.
- Experience with installing/troubleshooting/repairing Industrial Wastewater systems and Equipment.
- Having previously installed, troubleshot, and repaired electrical systems, including 480v and below, and control voltage/systems.
- Food or Medical plant experience is preferred, as well as knowledge of and compliance with GMP, and food manufacturing best practices.
- Basic hydraulics/pneumatics experience.
- Experience in a fast paced, cold, wet production environment.
- Able to interface and cooperate well with production line workers and supervisors, with a strong customer service mindset.
- Able to work autonomously, and advance projects and repairs in a decisive manner. Capable of communicating details of work to the Maintenance Manager.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Mandatory ability to speak, understand, read and write in English.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations preferred.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to perform your responsibilities in situations that are physically demanding, tight fitting, wide temperature ranging, and noisy. Must be able to lift/carry up to [50 pounds. Must be able to use ladders, scissor, and aerial lifts, and climb stairs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but sometimes very loud. Space temperatures may range from below freezing to triple digits.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Able to work extended work schedules including weekends and overtime.
|Organization / Company|