Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Industrial Maintenance Technician at AMERICAN COMPANIES - NEW FACILITY AT DFW AIRPORT TX
American Meat Companies is a family owned and operated business founded in 1975. American Meat Companies has grown to become one of the largest meat purveyors in Southern California and has expanded to a brand new state-of-the-art facility in Dallas, Texas.
We produce a full line of steaks, hamburger patties, pork chops, and poultry items. Our expertise, passion, and commitment to exceeding food safety standards, providing outstanding quality, and value to our customers will continue to set the standard in the meat industry. Our dedication to exceeding all expectations will be unequaled.
American Meat Companies invites you to apply for available Industrial Maintenance Technician positions in our Dallas, TX facility. Please visit our website to learn more about American Meat Companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Following specification of blueprints, manuals and schematic drawings, install, maintain and repair
equipment, machinery, physical structures and plumbing/electrical systems.
2. Inspect, measure and test equipment while in operation visually (using electrical and electronic
equipment) and auditory (listen for unusual sounds from machines or equipment) to detect
malfunction, wear, misalignment or other problems. Inspect used parts to determine changes in
3. Discuss/diagnose machine problems with Maintenance Supervisor, Production Supervisor, Production
Superintendent, Plant Manager or other maintenance workers. Inform appropriate management
personnel of equipment and parts needs.
4. Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts. Reassemble and test
5. Clean and lubricate shaft, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery.
6. Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as transformers, wiring and electrical and electronic
components of machinery and equipment.
7. Layout, assemble, install and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
Repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
8. Install, program, and repair automated machinery and equipment, such as robots or programmable
9. Set up and operate machine tools, such as lathe, grinder, drill and milling machine to repair or
fabricate machine parts.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Repair and maintain the physical structure of the establishment and perform preventative
2. Assist production personnel in change-over and set-up procedures.
3. Attend safety classes/seminars as periodically scheduled.
- Decision Making & Problem Solving: Responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing production equipment including but not limited to industrial blenders, industrial mixers, automated packaging equipment, robotic equipment, pumps, valves, and pressure vessels.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: Interprets GMP and HACCP regulations into Company and product-specific practices.
- Production Support: Accountable for the efficient installation, maintenance and repair of Electrical Controls and Mechanical machinery. Equipment includes but is not limited to Hydraulics Combo Dumpers, Meat Blenders, Grinders, Freezers, Scales, Labelers, Case Sealer, Baggers, Seasoning equipment, etc.
- Project Management: Engages in cross-functional activities and collaborates across boundaries to ensure successful project implementation. Gathers information to interpret needs, assess requirements, and take the initiative to identify sound solutions through application of expertise and knowledge. Must have very strong customer service orientation with a high sense of urgency.
- Quality System Compliance: Ensures the requirements of the Quality System, the Quality System Regulation (USDA, FDA), and other relevant standards are fulfilled.
- Safety: Enforces Company safety policies and procedures. Responsible for the safe operation and performance of Maintenance and Facility.
- Technical Documentation/Communication/Processes: Knowledge of preventive maintenance procedures / Total Productive Maintenance. Prior experience in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- Training & Development: Complete training and documentation thereof, in line with Company policies and procedures.
- Other Compliance: Works to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations issued by OSHA, EPA, Labor & Employment Law, and other federal, state, and local regulations, including Lock-out/Tag-out, confined spaces, and personal protection regulations.
Job Requirements (Education, Work Experience, Certifications, Skills)
- Education: High school or equivalent (Required), Technical Degree (Preferred), technical training, or equivalent years' experience acceptable in place of formal education. Must be computer literate with proficiency using CMMS systems.
Work Experience: Minimum five (5) years industrial maintenance experience in manufacturing (Food Preferred); strong in precision maintenance, electro-mechanical troubleshooting, and other industrial skills to include pneumatic and hydraulic system knowledge with; experience with mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, chains, sprockets, motors, seals, bearings), product manuals (e.g., reading and applying knowledge to make repairs), troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns (pinpointing and fixing breakdowns), and reading mechanical drawings (e.g., hydraulics, pneumatics); Experience with electrical systems to include low voltage control circuits, motor circuit controls, VFD s, PLC troubleshooting knowledge (Rockwell PLC/HMI knowledge), and electrical safety systems required.
Certifications: OSHA 40 (Preferred)
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, environment.
- Ability to reason, negotiate, instruct, persuade, or speak with others.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff.
- Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to interpret HR regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Fully competent to a high degree in mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical controls.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams.
- Ability to read ladder logic and use to troubleshoot systems.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- May be required to work overtime, evenings, or weekends to complete work. May be required to work flexible shifts, including on-call.
- *Will perform other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions: Normal Office, Manufacturing, and/or Distribution Center working conditions with the presence of disagreeable elements such as cold/hot environment.
|Organization / Company|